Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
cpalit
cpalit began at the beginning.

Device: Pi2
problem in e pub conversion

I use Pi2 of Infebeam. In it I am unable to read PDF e-books written in Bengali Language. I cannot enlarge the pages sufficiently to make it readable. So I was trying to convert a PDF e-book ( in Bengali language) into e Pub format using Calibre eBook management software. But after the conversion I found that every page is converted with some extra space (almost like another blank page on the right side of the work). As a result I am unable to enlarge the size of the font in my device.
Therefore, can anyone suggest what will be the process to achieve the goal.How can I remove the extra space?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 13 x 18 cm. cutout prints.pdf (25.6 KB, 156 views)
cpalit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
You might consider asking this question in the calibre forum, since you are asking about how calibre works, or in your case doesn't.

I am not a calibre expert at all, but there is an adjustment for line unwrapping which might be set. I also recall reading of a program called briss which is designed to remove margins. I don't know any more than that.

You might also try mobipocket creator to convert your pdf. It will output html which sigil can work with (calibre can too) and which will allow you to see what strange things were done to create the pdf in the first place.

PDF was designed to lay things out on a physical page, which is exactly the opposite of e-readers whose text is designed to flow regardless of changes in text size.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
cpalit
cpalit began at the beginning.

Device: Pi2
mrmikel,
Thanks for your valuable suggestions.
cpalit is offline   Reply With Quote