Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #1
immsm
I'll never grow up.
immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo touch edition
Syncing books between Kobo Touch and iPad

Maybe I'm being really dense, but I can't figure out how to get books to update between my Touch and iPad. I mostly read on my Touch and if I do check the Kobo app on my iPad it's never even updated to the current book I'm reading. I'd like to get the books to be synced so that if I don't happen to have my Touch with me and have my iPad I could pick up where I left off reading. Am I doing something wrong?
immsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Are the books you are reading in the proprietary Kobo ePUB format (what we call kepub)? Sideloaded books do not sync.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
immsm
I'll never grow up.
immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.immsm once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo touch edition
Yes they're all purchased from kobo.
immsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
OK--you can purchase books from kobo in two flavours, plain old ePUB (with and without drm) and kepub, their proprietary format for ePUB. Kepub books go into your Kobo library and download onto your devices when you sync. The others have to be manually added to the devices. What file format are you talking about?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #5
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Does the app sync the position in the book across devices?
The application does include this type of functionality, internally referred to as "cloud bookmarking".
If you are actually reading through a book, then at that point it is not instantly going to send the position in the book, however, if you suspend or quit *the app (press the home button on the device), or the device goes to sleep (auto-lock), or you manually exit the book, then we will attempt to send your position in the book to the server.
If you don't have any network connectivity at that point then we obviously cannot send the information up, and we don't cache it to send up later.*

Please note that this sync will ONLY work for books purchased from Kobo and that are part of your Kobo library. Books that have been "side-loaded" (added using iTunes, Dropbox, Safari, or any other method that allows you add a book to the Kobo app) will NOT sync their bookmarks between devices.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-15-2016, 05:31 AM   #6
simongigi
simongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toys

Device: kobo touch
I wonder if anybody has tried google play books reader on a kobo with android... I really miss the capability to sync books/highlightings/bookmarks
simongigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 05:54 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by simongigi View Post
I wonder if anybody has tried google play books reader on a kobo with android... I really miss the capability to sync books/highlightings/bookmarks
Kobo ereaders and apps only sync books purchased from Kobo. And only the kepub version. Nothing about sideloaded books is synced.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote