Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
Chikwako
Reader EZ
Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Chikwako has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: √NC, √NST, Sero Pro
My last thread in the Pocketbook Forum

I congratulate all of you that have had your Pocketbook devices for long without any mishaps. Keep doing whatever you are doing!

I feel sorry for the ones like me, that without explanation or justifiable cause, their devices have broken or failed without any luck when you wanted to use the Pocketbook warranty.

I really loved my PB360, and was using it plenty, until the mirror within it broke. I could still use it thanks to the 360 software, until I got tired of flipping it.

I almost got my second PB360 about two weeks after the breakage, but then I reconsidered because, what if it happens again? Should I just keep getting devices not protected by their warranty? Should I buy a device that costs $5 less to repair than to replace it? No Way.

As much as I liked my 360, I noticed in the Nook thread (within MobilRead) that it was on sale for $200.00 (for 3 days only) so I bought it.

Two days after I ordered it, it arrived; and two days after that I had rooted it. I downloaded FBreader and CoolReader and kept on reading (and browsing, and playing, and reading news, and a long list of etc's)!

Finally, I went to Best Buy and bought a cover for it because I DO want to protect it as much as I can, after my experience with my PB360.

I might consider a cheaper reader for every day, every hour use, but I would buy other brands, like the Ectaco Jetbook mini, which looks pretty sturdy, although the batteries issue doesn't convince me.

I don't think I would ever buy a Pocketbook again (as much as I liked my 360), because even though I accepted it was my fault whatever it was I did to brake it, the way customer service handled my calls and complaints left plenty to be desired. Page turned!
Chikwako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #2
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Enjoy your Nook! When I dropped my pb360 I replaced it with a Sony because it works. I got tired of my pocketbook freezing on me. We still have one in the house but my dh rarely uses it so I'm giving it to my son. Hopefully it will Run smoothly for him.

Have fun learning your new toy.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert