Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-19-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Book View Cafe Writer's Cooperative

Book View Cafe was launched this week by 21 published authors:
Quote:
Book View Cafe is a new approach to publishing made possible by the Internet. While most of the fiction on the site is free, authors will also be offering expanded work, additional content, print versions, or subscriptions for a fee. Our authors are all professionals with publishing credits in the print world. The Internet is giving us an opportunity to make their out-of-print, experimental, or otherwise unavailable work to you. We love feedback on how we are doing.
Downloading for your own use is allowed, but not apparently reposting in other ebook formats.

I came across this from the thread Tons of free SF stories, which linked to Free SF Reader which in turn featured the Book View Cafe short story The Natural History & Extinction of the People of the Sea by Vonda N. McIntyre Illustrated by Ursula K. Le Guin.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Great find thx
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
vondanmcintyre
Vonda N. McIntyre
vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Droid X
Book View Cafe

Oh--Thank you for posting about BVC. I've been trying to grab a moment to catch my breath and come by and tell folks about the project.

It's up and running as of Sunday and we're still polishing off the rough edges.

I know that having work in other formats and for mobile devices is important and it's in the plans.

In the meantime I put Moon & Sun up in several formats at my website, www.vondanmcintyre.com

I'd be glad of feedback -- this is a new endeavor for me -- and of suggestions for other formats. At the moment I'm on so many learning curves that I feel a bit like an orangutan with my hands and feet each on a different tree.

I haven't tackled "Natural History" in other formats because of all the illustrations, but it is on the to-do list.

Best,

Vonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Book View Cafe was launched this week by 21 published authors:

Downloading for your own use is allowed, but not apparently reposting in other ebook formats.

I came across this from the thread Tons of free SF stories, which linked to Free SF Reader which in turn featured the Book View Cafe short story The Natural History & Extinction of the People of the Sea by Vonda N. McIntyre Illustrated by Ursula K. Le Guin.
vondanmcintyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:21 AM   #5
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
It's a very nice site. Some good writers on board there. I hope in time they'll start offering the work in additional formats, as well.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2008, 12:38 AM   #6
vondanmcintyre
Vonda N. McIntyre
vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.vondanmcintyre writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Other formats

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the kind words. I hope so too, about the other formats.
(I have other formats for most of my work, but they live on my website,
www.vondanmcintyre.com

We're still catching our breath and polishing off the rough edges
of the website, so I hope folks will stay tuned.

Best,

Vonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
It's a very nice site. Some good writers on board there. I hope in time they'll start offering the work in additional formats, as well.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vondanmcintyre View Post
In the meantime I put Moon & Sun up in several formats at my website, www.vondanmcintyre.com
Why not ask for help? We had a good effort working on Jeffery's eBooks from people here on Mobileread.

I can take a look at it and see if it would be easy enough to do in LRF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #8
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can attest that these guys are good, Vonda. Jon does careful Sony conversions, and others did eReader, LIT, and EPUB conversions for me.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
I can attest that these guys are good
I think you have to send a check to the PGA now.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #10
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I think you have to send a check to the PGA now.

BOb
-???-
Old 12-01-2008, 11:58 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
-???-
"These guys are good" is/was an advertising slogan for the PGA. (PGA donates millions to various charities throughout the year.)

BOb
Old 12-02-2008, 02:47 AM   #12
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Ah. I see.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Ah. I see.
I guess I fell flat on my beak with that joke.

BOb
Old 12-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #14
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver

Oh well, at least you were flying.

Aren't you glad we're helping your topic, Vonda?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:33 AM   #15
vondanmcintyre
Vonda N. McIntyre

Hi Jeff,

Yes, and I appreciate it, too. I'd've been back sooner only the forum notification didn't come till today.

What formats do folks want? I have room for some others on my website. I have the Epub converter as well as the Mobipocket one. But I've been spending most of my time making the texts at BVC presentable.

I'm testing the hypothesis that making a book available in electronic format helps the sales of the print edition. Since pretty much all the mint copies of Moon & Sun that remain (not defaced with remainder marks) are in my hands, I'm in a pretty good position to test it.

Vonda