Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
corroonb
Addict
corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.corroonb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura, Nexus 9
Problem with author sort on the device

When formatting my lrf files I usually write the author's first name and then second name. In the Sony Library software it correctly sorts according to the last name but on the Reader itself it sorts according to the first name only.

Do I have to update the firmware or does this just not work on the Reader?

My firmware is version 1.2.00.18050

Last edited by corroonb; 07-26-2009 at 09:55 PM.
corroonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
dogmae
dogmae began at the beginning.

Device: Aura HD, Sony Reader PRS-505
I've noticed this too. It is pretty annoying.
dogmae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Unfortunately, for books bought from the Sony store, there isn't any way to change this behavior on the reader.

For books not purchased from the Sony store, you can change the meta-data using Calibre and then upload to your reader.

Personally, I've gotten used to using first name-last name for sorting, so that all my books (those bought from the Sony store and elsewhere) are consistent. I would like to be able to sort authors by the last name though. Don't know why Sony doesn't dothis by default.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:33 AM   #4
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
This got changed in firmware 1.1 - in 1.0, AuthorSort was respected and used; in 1.1, it is ignored :-(
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote