Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Death of Elizabeth Jane Howard

I was sorry to read of the death of Elizabeth Jane Howard.

Guardian article
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:24 PM   #2
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Until I read about Howard, I hadn't known she'd published a fifth Cazalet novel two months ago. I read the first four books as they came out and I think I'd need to reread if I were to appreciate the latest. My inclination is to let it go; I'm not sure the experience would live up to my memory and where's the time, alas. I reread very these days.

Her earlier books were fun; I think they'd be marvelous time capsules now.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2014, 10:56 PM   #3
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, I hadn't heard about the fifth book either. I received a gift card for one of our book store chains, so I'll be spending it on All Change.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:45 AM   #4
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
forgot to say, I heard a nice interview a few days ago on Woman's hour, BBC Radio 4: if you skip to minute 20:08 you can here it here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01pcs5l
where she talks on the Cazalets. I also listened to another one maybe yesterday, which was more personal, but cannot find it!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #5
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Many thanks for this link paola - I have just listened to it.
Advert
Old 01-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I also listened to another one maybe yesterday, which was more personal, but cannot find it!
found it! It was on December 28th, don't know how to link the tape, but it can be listened to by clikcing on "play" in the inset
on this page
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #7
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun

Thank you again, paola! It's got me all keen to get hold of All Change.