Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
davisard
Edge User

Google Reader/Google Mail Scroll Problem

Simply cannot scroll when in Google Reader/Google Mail. Scroll works other places, no problem. Is there something I can do? I certainly hope I am missing something.

When I attempt to use the reader, only the first screen of messages is shown and when I open a message only the first of a message is shown. Gmail is working similiarly.

Can anyone direct me to the solution?

bee-eye davisard@gmail.com

Old 04-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
mikew
Edge User

r u using the mobile edition? I use the the full mobile version w/o any problem but still trying to figure out how to add attachments to email. from what i've seen so far, gmail mobile client doesn't allow attachments

Advert
Old 04-05-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
mgm1979
Edge User

I've experienced similar issues...using the FULL desktop versions, which I feel I should be able to use on this device (in line with the "netbook" aspect)...I've resorted to trying out PaperDroid for my google reader needs, but would LOVE for a software patch to correct the issue (I'm guessing it might have something to do with the lacking flash support or something along those lines).

Old 04-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #4
dcubed2
Edge User

I'm using the Dolphin browser (mobile), and it works sooo much better with gmail than the browser that is included. It also has Reader buttons, but I don't subscribe and haven't tried it.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
davisard
Edge User

No more scroll problems. I have the work around; at least for google reader.
I visited Android-Apps Category in this forum. Opened the thread {Some Apps That Work} posted by [thefuture04]. Read post in this thread by [cheyennedonna] and [borisb]. And thanks a lot to the three of them.

Do this (if you have access to market from some Android device): (1) download the apps named ASTRO, NEWSROB, and DOLPHIN BROWSER. (2) Install ASTRO. (3) Use ASTRO to identify the .apk file for NEWSROB and DOLPHIN BROWSER. (4) **backup the .apk files for all three using ASTRO. (5) Move these .apk(s) to your ENTOURAGEEDGE. 6. Use the ENTOURAGEEDGE to install ASTRO. (7.) Use ASTRO to install the others. 8. Enjoy.

Note: This post is intentionally without step-by-step detail.

Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
done
Edge User

Moving to Android Apps forum.