Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 07:47 AM   #16
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipChen View Post
How could I have forgotten. My favorite sporting event.

Philip,
I have enjoyed all of your cartoons with the exception of this one.
I find if particularly offensive to the female sex. To me the word "breeder" is a term used in reference to animals rather than humans. Yes, I do have a very good sense of humour but I find this cartoon totally unfunny. Just voicing my personal opinion.

Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Oh, but feeding cats to dogs is okay?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 03:50 AM   #18
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star
PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Reader on PC
PhilipChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:58 AM   #19
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star
PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PhilipChen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie May View Post
Philip,
I have enjoyed all of your cartoons with the exception of this one.
I find if particularly offensive to the female sex. To me the word "breeder" is a term used in reference to animals rather than humans. Yes, I do have a very good sense of humour but I find this cartoon totally unfunny. Just voicing my personal opinion.

Mag.
Sorry to offend you. As people who know me know, I am very adamant about equality of sexes, race, religion, nationality, and gender preferences. The joke is in the play on words and refers to the annual horse race called the Breeders' cup held in the U.S. Actually, I found the term "Breeders' Cup" somewhat offensive too, but mostly I found it comedic. My cartoons may be edgy but I generally stay away from offensive or grotesque humor.

Phil
Old 11-09-2010, 04:44 AM   #20
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Tom? Who?

Advert
Old 11-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #21
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipChen View Post
Sorry to offend you. As people who know me know, I am very adamant about equality of sexes, race, religion, nationality, and gender preferences. The joke is in the play on words and refers to the annual horse race called the Breeders' cup held in the U.S. Actually, I found the term "Breeders' Cup" somewhat offensive too, but mostly I found it comedic. My cartoons may be edgy but I generally stay away from offensive or grotesque humor.

Phil
it is also quite often the tag used by the homosexual community to label the straight community. once again, words only have the power one assigns to them
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:12 AM   #22
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Old 11-13-2010, 04:52 AM   #23
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Every Avenue is Tried

Old 11-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #24
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Old 11-15-2010, 07:12 AM   #25
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Old 11-16-2010, 04:46 AM   #26
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Old 11-17-2010, 05:37 AM   #27
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Old 11-18-2010, 07:04 AM   #28
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Old 11-21-2010, 05:31 AM   #29
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star

Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 AM   #30
PhilipChen
Author - Falling Star