Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #166
juco
Enthusiast
juco is on a distinguished road

Device: Palm m105, Kindle KB
Thanks for the hint!
juco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #167
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Did anyone already find the reason for the "invisible" menu on 3.4 with installed localisation.
I went already through a lot of files and folders. Amazon chanhed naming of folders and other things in the system as well. Seems they worked on localisation, found at least some files "asking for the device language".
Seems the only way getting localisation on 3.4 is going through the extracted files and starting the whole translation process from scratch.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #168
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You can downgrade to 3.0.2 using the "simple debricking" method, then apply updates from amazon to get back to 3.3. But then you need to keep wireless off (or install a hack) to prevent a future unwanted OTA update to 3.4.
Any hint, what hack to install to prevent the OTA. Localisation is already preventing the installation, but how to avoid the failing update routine?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #169
wiccan2
Connoisseur
wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3 - 3g, Samsung Galaxy Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Is it necessary to uninstall Zuphaels 0.2 package before installing 0.3 or can I simply update?

diba
Thank you so much, this worked perfectly.

wiccan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:14 AM   #170
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Did anyone already find the reason for the "invisible" menu on 3.4 with installed localisation.
The reason was missing images (menu shadow ...). There are some new ones in 3.4.
You can download them here: http://ge.tt/1Qe9aWQ

I've nearly finished Czech translation, you can find the English source messages tree here, if interested: https://code.google.com/p/kindle-cs/...n_3.4%2Fsource

The ALT-SYM dialog is gone, because the SymPopup class has changed in 3.4 and the usual injection hack found in K3Translator doesn't work any more.
OTOH I was able to adapt physkeyb source for 3.4 thus it is possible to type non-English characters now.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #171
diba
Addict

THX for the images, will have a look at and decide wther to do the german localisation for 3.4
I am somehow feedup with this nittykritty work, which consumes so much time.

BTW, how did you find out? And I already found a hell of strings to be translated again, just because they changed some typing.

But for the first useful hint on this issue some Karma, you really earned it!

Last edited by diba; 10-31-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #172
diba
Addict

Looking at the images, I still do not understand, why the menu does not show up, ..., seems to be ...

But I got a confirmation, that Amazon at least thought about a localisation ... see language picker. I found some strings indicating this as well in the extracted jars while looking for changes.

So do I have simply to insert this gifs to the other pics before compiling? Wonder still, because they should be in the 3.4 on the kindle ...
Old 10-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #173
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So do I have simply to insert this gifs to the other pics before compiling? Wonder still, because they should be in the 3.4 on the kindle ...
Yes, the dir with localized images has to be complete because it is mounted over the original images location making them disappear.
I watched the log for errors and saw that the framework couldn't find an image when drawing the menu.
I have a Linux-based build system that stores the translation in an sqlite db and allows reshaping the translation when the framework structure is modified as it was in 3.4.
Vast majority of texts are the same as in 3.3, they just dwell in different classes.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #174
diba
Addict

OK, I do it via Sir Alex version, string by string, nasty and long procedure, but I am doing since 3.2, so some strings I immediatelly know where to find. And some things, A has changed I already translated, sometimes it was as easy as renaming a folder ... I give it a quick try with the pictures tomorrow and decide afterwards if I continue.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:27 AM   #175
dsmid
Linux devotee

Should you have any problems upgrading localization to 3.4, send me a link to your current translation.jar and I'll try to adapt the translation structure for fw 3.4 to make your life easier.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #176
diba
Addict

OK, this works ..., I will translate the english parts in the next days, it seems to be not so much any more, I did already most. Parental Control and the one or other thing ...

BUT I can NOT confirm, that SYM popup does not work, I have my personalized SYM layout with the german Umlaute and my preferred sorting ... as with 3.3

Thanks again!!! A lot of germans will be happy getting the localisation for their K3 in near future.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #177
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
BUT I can NOT confirm, that SYM popup does not work, I have my personalized SYM layout with the german Umlaute and my preferred sorting ... as with 3.3
I meant the ALT-SYM popup, not the usual SYM popup. The SYM popup is too small to contain the symbols and all non-ascii characters for some languages.
Kindle has a built-in ability to display advanced symbol popup dialog with another set of characters on several pages launched by ALT-SYM shortcut. But this feature is disabled by default.
keybru hack used bytecode injection to enable this ALT-SYM popup and to redefine the character selection. This is not possible any more.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:40 AM   #178
diba
Addict

ok, I never used this hack, just modified as described the "regular" SYM content.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #179
diba
Addict

Version 0.95b attached, the "b" is for the matter, that I have not gone through every single file. The bulk should be fine, the one or other popup probably has english leftovers, have not checked.
I know about one thing, (Press 'SYM' key for symbols). Do not know, where Big A has hidden this now, tired of searching ..., had this not until 3.3
Feedback for improvement welcome, the ones knowing my versions until firmware 3.3 know, I am keen on making everything possible. But for 3.4 my motivation is not any more as high as it was before, so changes may take longer than some are used to.

You will find it here:
http://ge.tt/109N8FL
as well, 0.93 for firmwares until 3.3.
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_loc_de_0.95b.zip (4.47 MB, 153 views)
Old 11-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #180
dsmid
Linux devotee

Quote:
I know about one thing, (Press 'SYM' key for symbols). Do not know, where Big A has hidden this now, tired of searching ..., had this not until 3.3
This one is in com/amazon/ebook/framework/resources/KeyboardResources

Tags
localization