Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-11-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
SD card won't stay in device

Since sometime last night, my Iliad aparently decided it won't go for SD cards. I have my books on an SD card, and it worked fine when I read in bed last night. Then I put the device on the side table and went to sleep. Today, I found the SD card, which was in the reader last night, on the floor. Somehow it'd popped out of the reader, and now when I try to insert an SD card (I tried several just in case), I get the 'clicking' noise and I can feel the spring just as usual, but the card just won't stay put. Somehow some little bit inside that holds the card in card in place must have broken... or? How did it do that?

I've only had the device for abt. two weeks btw.

I wondered if anyone have had this problem and if there's anything to do? I have a CF card, which I'm going to use as soon as I get a card reader for it, so it's not a huge issue. It's just really weird. I guess it's covered in the warranty, but I wouldn't like to waste money on returning it and also be without it for (I presume) weeks.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:02 AM   #2
engunneer
engunneer began at the beginning.

Device: iRex Iliad
I'm afraid I can't help with the SD issue, but why do you need a card reader for the CF? The iLiad is card reader enough for the job. It will at least get you reading again right away with no cost.
engunneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 02:27 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engunneer View Post
I'm afraid I can't help with the SD issue, but why do you need a card reader for the CF? The iLiad is card reader enough for the job. It will at least get you reading again right away with no cost.
How do I get files on the CF card then? If I connect to the computer (and I have the book edition - no wi-fi), all I can see is the internal memory...
I've installed developers package and a terminal app - but haven't gotten any further (yet).
Old 08-12-2008, 02:53 AM   #4
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
then either:

1) on page 3 of the "Iliad Settings" in the Device Manager you have selected the "USB Connection" to connect to anything but the CF card. I guess it's still trying to connect to the MMC card.

or

2) if you did select the USB connection to go to the CF card, this CF card is not readable for the iLiad and it switches automatically to internal memory.

In the wiki is a list of CF cards that work / sometimes work. Try reformatting the card to FAT32, that also helps sometimes.
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:20 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
then either:

1) on page 3 of the "Iliad Settings" in the Device Manager you have selected the "USB Connection" to connect to anything but the CF card. I guess it's still trying to connect to the MMC card.
or
2) if you did select the USB connection to go to the CF card, this CF card is not readable for the iLiad and it switches automatically to internal memory.

In the wiki is a list of CF cards that work / sometimes work. Try reformatting the card to FAT32, that also helps sometimes.
Thanks! I will try this when I get home tonight. I read sometime somewhere that the situation I have now is what I could expect (no access to memory cards via the iLiad), so I never questioned it
Advert
Old 08-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Ea
Wizard

I changed settings and worked

At least I won't forget this so quickly again....