Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 05-01-2008, 08:10 PM   #46
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
And, in any case, you didn't ask for obscure books, just the most obscure that we own. So it's possible that a person has no books more obscure than Harry Potter. (Not likely, but not impossible)
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #47
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobolover View Post
taylor-I ask you for the last time to let it go.thats the FOURTH time and It was surely enough.
To be 100% honest, it would be easier to read if you use proper capitols and spaces along with proper punctuation.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2008, 08:57 PM   #48
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
We also have "The Book of Cheese", too, of course!
How to Dance the Highland Fling is another obscure book in our eBook sections.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 PM   #49
Quelle
Quelle doesn't litterQuelle doesn't litterQuelle doesn't litter

Device: ebw 1150, PRS 500, PRS 700, HP touchpad, Cruz T301
Ende: Diary of the Third World War
Two Planets
Elements of Libertarian Leadership
Dirt

And these are the one's I'll admit to.
Quelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:48 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
To be 100% honest, it would be easier to read if you use proper capitols and spaces along with proper punctuation.
A "capitol" is a set of buildings in which a legislature meets. I rather suspect that you mean "capital" .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2008, 07:28 AM   #51
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
Actualy,ive heard the word "capitol" used instead of "capital" in older works or just in an imitation of "old speech" .
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:30 AM   #52
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The two words are quite commonly mixed up, but it's a mistake to do so. They are similar words with quite different meanings.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:07 PM   #53
montealan
Enthusiast
montealan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One, Likebook T80D
B Traven

I have many of his books and I read them all. A great writer and very obscure too. Not much was known about him.
montealan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #54
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
I have a 50's copy of Fresco: the University of Detroit Quarterly with all the articles dedicated to Lovecraft by authors like Derleth and Leiber. I'd have to dig it out for more info.

Now how's that for sucking up to the thread starter?

-MJ

Last edited by mjh215; 05-02-2008 at 02:21 PM.
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #55
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
I have a 1912 edition of Great Expectations, from the "Everyman's Library" imprimatur, published by J. M. Dent & Sons of London. (This isn't obscure, but does match the OP's obscure ideas of what he thinks obscure means.)
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:39 PM   #56
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
It carries a lot of politically incorrect baggage: specifically, it portrays slavery in the "American" South in terms that aren't totally condemnatory, that would be enough, but it actually shows slaves as having some decent quality of life.
Actually this is not exactly correct. The story/movie, entitled "The Song of the South" which includes the person of Uncle Remus, does fit that description. However "The Complete Works of Uncle Remus" only contains stories about "critters" (or animals to non-Southerners).
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #57
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
Something known as a 'census atlas' for Trumbull County, Ohio, published around 1869 if my memory is right. They were somewhat common in the midwest to show 'special homes', public buildings and churches (graphic, not photo) and who owned land in the county. Each township in the county had maps with roads and names on the lots of who owned the properties, interspersed in the pages were the graphics homes, etc, of the area shown. In the back was a historical appendix of the properties going back to the mid 1830's. My dad's family owned property in the house where he grew up going back at least to the 1830's. The only rare book dealer I knew that specialized in the 'census atlas' was one in Akron - and I don't think he is still in business any longer.

I think it sits on the bottom shelf to the right love seat (see photo at right)
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM   #58
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I just realized that i have something that is at the very least uncommon, if not obscure.

I have a first edition World Map Book. it was published in 1981 by the Defense Mapping Agency for NASA, to be used by the space Shuttle crew. My grandfather worked at the DMA, and this was one of his last projects before he retired.

It only has 45 pages, and it only shows airstrips (besides political and geographic features). I believe it was intended to show the orientation and location of places where the shuttle might land in an emergency.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #59
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Nate, I'd love to have that. I'm a mapaholic.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:22 PM   #60
Lobolover
Gorosei
Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Lobolover has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Microsoft Word
reminds me of the book I saw a while back-a militairy atlas of batles in history.I swear it had a formating of A0 AT LEAST and it was the bigest book ive seen in my life-AND the heaviest.

Taylor-"the OP's"?
Lobolover is offline   Reply With Quote