Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #16
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by fekhner View Post
thanks a lot for the offer obsessed2, I just tried an-online conversion solution, which produces a 15.2 MB PDF file out of a 5.8 MB djvu file, so that is not so bad, and I think I will continue using it, unless you can do much better than that of course ....

If you optimize the PDF the size of the file can be reduced by up to almost 75%.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #17
kammerer
Connoisseur
kammerer doesn't litterkammerer doesn't litter

Device: nook
I make experimental build of Orion Viewer to display djvu and pdf on eDGe eink screen, all options and menu on lcd, download _edge_ build from http://code.google.com/p/orion-viewer/downloads/list
kammerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2012, 07:19 AM   #18
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
Great ! Thanks for trying. On my device there is no success so far, the application does not start, error message:

Sorry !

The application Orion Viewer (process universe.constellation.orion.viewer) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #19
kammerer
Connoisseur

to fekhner:
I made some changes - try again
Old 03-12-2012, 07:51 AM   #20
sunlifeng
Enthusiast
sunlifeng doesn't littersunlifeng doesn't litter

Device: Kindle touch,EE
I will try it on my edge . I try to build orion viewer from source but there miss some file from google code .
sunlifeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #21
sunlifeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kammerer View Post
to fekhner:
I made some changes - try again

It did some work on my EDGE . But only use up part of my e-ink screen .
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #22
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

definitely some progress: first there appears only a small band of 10% of the display on the left hand side of the e-ink display, while the lcd side looks good (which means settings are not yet perfect, since I believe that both sides cannot be good at the same time); when rotating the image on the e-ink side, 3/4 of the image appear on the e-ink side, still in portrait mode ....
Old 03-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #23
sunlifeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
I make experimental build of Orion Viewer to display djvu and pdf on eDGe eink screen, all options and menu on lcd, download _edge_ build from http://code.google.com/p/orion-viewer/downloads/list
Great work ! We are look forward to it.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:18 AM   #24
sunlifeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
definitely some progress: first there appears only a small band of 10% of the display on the left hand side of the e-ink display, while the lcd side looks good (which means settings are not yet perfect, since I believe that both sides cannot be good at the same time); when rotating the image on the e-ink side, 3/4 of the image appear on the e-ink side, still in portrait mode ....
Same here . May be it works on PE. Some one with pe should try it .
Old 03-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #25
kammerer
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlifeng View Post
I will try it on my edge . I try to build orion viewer from source but there miss some file from google code .
I add properties files to svn
Old 03-12-2012, 08:26 AM   #26
kammerer
Connoisseur

Quote:
What will be if set default(portrait?) rotation on both screen?
What if rotate it with Orion Rotation menu?

Last edited by kammerer; 03-12-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:58 AM   #27
sunlifeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
I add properties files to svn
Thanks a lot
Old 03-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #28
fekhner
Addict

in all cases, the e-ink seems to be lagging 90 degrees behind, it is pretty much the same behavior I had with all of javese's ports on the EE (pdf viewer and FBReader, even for the send to e-ink by vldmr; they seemd to work well on the PE though),

the only settings that seemed to work so far for me on the EE are those by sunlifeng for his coolreader port

so I am very hopefully, "just" a matter of adapting those settings from coolreader to the orion viewer ...
Old 03-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #29
sunlifeng
Enthusiast

Quote:
What will be if set default(portrait?) rotation on both screen?
What if rotate it with Orion Rotation menu?
There only one rotation in eink side fb2 it was 270 .
When in EE the weight is 825 height is 1200 .

Last edited by sunlifeng; 03-12-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #30
kammerer
Connoisseur

I removed rotation and size patching - it should be full sized e-ink!
Both screen shoud be in same orientation!

Last edited by kammerer; 03-12-2012 at 09:31 AM.