Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 11:01 PM   #196
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Well my Sony T3s(the one without the front cover) has arrived and I am thrilled with it!! I have been fiddling with it for a couple of days now and even reading the manual . I popped the micro sd card from my old T1 into it and all the books immediately transferred on the spot! Really like the size of it...maybe its the smaller size that makes the buttons so much easier to reach..at least for me. I really do like turning the pages by button control. I won't go on and on, but just wanted to mention that I am very glad that I bought this T3s. So count me as one who still loves her Sony.
Excellent. The T3 is much better than the T1 IMO. One thing I have noticed (may have been available in the T1) is that when in the main menu/home page, you hit the little boxes in the upper right, it will display your last 5 books read/opened. Very handy if you occasionally switch books.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #197
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Excellent. The T3 is much better than the T1 IMO. One thing I have noticed (may have been available in the T1) is that when in the main menu/home page, you hit the little boxes in the upper right, it will display your last 5 books read/opened. Very handy if you occasionally switch books.
I've just bought a T3 with a lighted cover & I totally agree with you. I'm finding the option to show the last 4 books opened very useful (and the T1 didn't have this option). The only problem I have is that the bezel is a little too small to hold the reader comfortably in my right hand.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #198
auspex
Groupie
auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.auspex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nexus 5x
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
One thing I have noticed (may have been available in the T1) is that when in the main menu/home page, you hit the little boxes in the upper right, it will display your last 5 books read/opened. Very handy if you occasionally switch books.
Arggh! I sure wish the T2 had that. "Occasionally" switch books? At any time I am usually reading one book for personal pleasure, at least one for a book club + a couple of DTBs. Plus I write reviews of the books I've read, usually after I start the next one. So this is one of the most important features I could have. To the extent that I intend to write a Calibre plugin to at least rewrite the modification dates in the DB to put my "currently reading" shelf on the home page, rather than the most recently sideloaded books.
auspex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #199
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Forma, Aura One,Ipad Pro 10.5, Oasis 3
[QUOTE=MickiTee;3053383]I've just bought a T3 with a lighted cover & I totally agree with you.

Glad that you are enjoying your T3. I not too long ago purchased one which leads to my question to you MickiTee....are you satisfied with the lighted cover that you bought? How good of a job does it do lighting the page of the ebook that you are reading? There has been much discussion on their lighted cover so I am wondering what your opinion is??
Kaysclie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #200
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
The case (not the official Sony one) that I have for my T1 has a light that flips over the top of the reader so I knew roughly what the T3 case would be like. Its adequate for reading in bed with the light off and in very low light conditions. When the ambient light is too low to read comfortably without a light (usually indoors), then I find the case light inadequate. It would also help if it lit the bottom quarter of the screen better.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:30 PM   #201
Kaysclie
Addict
Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaysclie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for your quick, candid reply. I think I will give the case a try if only because it is the Sony lighted case that goes with the T3. After all is said and done, there won't be any more of them.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:00 PM   #202
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaysclie View Post
Thank you for your quick, candid reply. I think I will give the case a try if only because it is the Sony lighted case that goes with the T3. After all is said and done, there won't be any more of them.
I really like the sony T3 case in fact I'm thinking of picking up a spare just in cast something happens to the one I've got.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:59 PM   #203
Kaysclie
Addict

Makes me smile to see such a positive response. I hope that I have such good results when my lighted cover arrives.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:32 PM   #204
Soul_Est
Gadgetic Young Man
Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Soul_Est has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BlackBerry Z30, Sony PRS-650, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Still loving my PRS-650 after nearly four and a half years of use. With PRS+ on it, I have not seen the need to upgrade unless something truely unique comes along or the device dies. Will have to acquire another on as a backup. The only devices I may "upgrade" to are either the PRS-T3 or the Kobo Aura H2O.
Soul_Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #205
alecE
Evangelist
alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alecE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs505, prs650, kobo Glo HD liseuses
Still deeply enamoured of my 505 and red 650. The 505 battery is showing its age & I've just ordered a new battery kit for that. The 650 is still going strong with no degradation of battery life despite almost daily usage.

Suppose I'll eventually move to a Kobo device, but there's clearly no hurry.
alecE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #206
c-not-k
Enthusiast
c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.c-not-k could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Sony PRS 650, T3, Nook Color
I still use my PRS-650 every day (and love it.) The battery doesn't hold a charge like it used to. Some day I'll get around to replacing it. The 650 has such a quality feel.

I bought a T3 in case my 650 died. It hasn't, but the T3 is cool, too.
c-not-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:41 AM   #207
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
My 600 is still going. I thought it was done(some kind of internal error), but I did a hard reset, and it came back. It doesn't hold a charge like it used to, but still everyday usable.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:19 AM   #208
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
My T1 still hanging in there. Undecided what I'll replace it with when the time comes.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:29 PM   #209
iluvgadgets
Connoisseur
iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.iluvgadgets has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle paperwhite
I haven't used my Sony ereader in a while , but it still works great. I really need to sell it.
iluvgadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:07 AM   #210
TonyGamble
Groupie
TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyGamble ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
I was going to sell mine for the same reason.

I decided to keep it when both my wife and I became committed Kindle users and worried what might happen if we lost or broke one on a holiday. To lose one paperback on holiday is bad enough but to loose one's whole library could spoil a vacation.

The last time I looked at eBay I don't think my T1 would have raised more than the price of the cheapest Kindle.

Tony
TonyGamble is offline   Reply With Quote