Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
simongigi
simongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toyssimongigi shares his or her toys

Device: kobo touch
Hi guys,

I also have a bricked touch (yes I did a stupid thing, maybe even more than one)
Same as Jacques'
FCC ID: NOIKBN905C
IC: 8857A-KBN905C
MODEL: N905C

If anybody could point me to a working image of the SD...

Thanks!!!
S
Old 06-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #32
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch KBN905C
Hi simongigi, I send you a private message asap. :-)
Old 06-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #33
Onlinehorst
Onlinehorst began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
Hi simongigi, I send you a private message asap. :-)
Could you provide this Image to me, too? I have the same model as simongigi and my Kobo is stuck after a firmware upgrade.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #34
Onlinehorst

There seems to be another way to fix a bricked Kobo Touch. I have the following model:

MODEL: N905C
FCC ID: NOIKBN905C
IC: 8857A-KBN905C

I bricked my Kobo after I updated it with a wrong firmware (N905B-Firmware). After that it was stuck at the "restarting" screen. A factory reset (small pinhole in the back of the kobo) would only lead to a flashing green LED, but nothing more.

So I suspect the Kobo tried to boot the wrong firmware and got stuck in this process. What I did now was:

1. Download the correct Firmware-Version and unzip it
2. Remove the SD from inside the Kobo and put it into my computer
3. Put the files inside the firmware-folder into the .kobo-Folder on the SD-Card (I'm on a Mac, but this folder should be the same for any user. If not, look it up in a tutorial for updating your Kobo manually)
4. Put the SD back into the Kobo
5. Reset the Kobo with the Pinhole-Method

After that the green LED kept flashing until my Kobo was alive again. It's fully functional now.

I hope this helps, as this method should be a lot easier than searching or asking for the SD-Image.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:38 PM   #35
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur
jvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of lightjvolbrecht is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent, but the SD card is not available with Windows when it is outside the Kobo in a card reader.

Windows only sees the first partition of a USB device. And then there are three, the first two are Linux.

(Translated from French by Google Translation)

Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #36
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
Excellent, but the SD card is not available with Windows when it is outside the Kobo in a card reader.

Windows only sees the first partition of a USB device. And then there are three, the first two are Linux.

(Translated from French by Google Translation)

There are partition managers like the free "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.8" that work in windows. There are also tools that let you mount Linux files in windows as well.

http://www.partitionwizard.com/?pw

Luck;
Ken
Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #37
Onlinehorst

The .kobo-Folder is a hidden folder. You have to unhide the Folders in Windows to access it.

http://www.wikihow.com/Unhide-Folders-in-Windows-7

The .kobo-Folder is inside the Fat32-partition. I can't access the other two partitions on my mac as well.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #38
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
There are partition managers like the free "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 7.8" that work in windows. There are also tools that let you mount Linux files in windows as well.

http://www.partitionwizard.com/?pw

Luck;
Ken
Merci beaucoup, I'll try it later.

Old 06-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #39
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
you might need this as well:

http://www.ext2fsd.com/

Luck;
Ken
Old 06-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #40
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
you might need this as well:

http://www.ext2fsd.com/

Luck;
Ken
Oh! I already use this software to read the hard drive of my TV decoder (Peekton PK 1750 TNT) on my PC when I want to get and keep a record.

I did not think to use it for something else!
Old 06-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #41
Phenomenon
Phenomenon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
@jvolbrecht send you a PM
Old 06-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #42
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlinehorst View Post
There seems to be another way to fix a bricked Kobo Touch.
SNIP
I hope this helps, as this method should be a lot easier than searching or asking for the SD-Image.
I am glad that you Touch is running again. A real factory reset might also have worked, and is even easier.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:37 AM   #43
agent725
agent725 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch 950B
Hi guys, Was also experimenting with a Touch 905B, bricking it. Could I also recieve a firmware link from one of you? Thankyou so much. Sure thing is; I will always keep a backup from now on.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:03 AM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Link sent.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 AM   #45
jvolbrecht
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
@jvolbrecht send you a PM
Response sent by PM.
Closed Thread