Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Lomedin
Misanthrope
Lomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Spring Design 6.S Alex DSB-10
ColorDict Error Message

Hi,

After adding a few dictionaries to ColorDict, I deleted some of them from the dictdata folder since I found them uninteresting.
However, now ColorDict is giving me this messagre every time I search for a word "Search error in the [add here dictionary I deleted]". The search actually shows the appropiate result of the word I input, although it´d be better if 5 or more of these messages (one for each dictionary I removed) didn´t appear every single time I try to find a word.

Anybody knows how to get rid of these messages? Perhaps the only choice is reinstalling? In that case, will I have to add all the dictionaries/personal settings again or will they be still stored?

Ah, now that I´m into it, another thing: I deleted some of these dictionaries because ColorDict was crashing all the time. Does anybody know how many dictionaries can you add to dictdata without the app going dead? (Bear in mind, it´s Android 1.5

Lomedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What device is a "ColorDict"? It's a new one on me.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I think it is an app, not a device - one that can look up stuff in Wikipedia, and multiple dictionaries.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #4
Lomedin
Misanthrope
Lomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitLomedin with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What device is a "ColorDict"? It's a new one on me.
poohbear_nc is right. ColorDict is an app. My device is a Spring Design Alex =)
Old 08-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #5
Lomedin
Misanthrope

Thumbs up FIXED!

I tried adding again to dictdata the dictionaries I removed and that not only was useless regarding getting rid of the error msg, but ColorDict wouldn´t even show those dictionaries anyway for some reason

Anyway, I just reinstalled ColorDict and it worked fine. It seemed to be a problem of the indexing the app does right after being installed. Removing a dictionary from dictdata doesn´t remove it from the app index. Thus, the error msg. I don´t know why adding back the removed dictionaries wouldn´t fix it though.

Also, the app was crashing again after adding more than a certain number of dictionaries. I settled for 30 and it seems to work fine now. In fact, I don´t know if this was caused by the high number of by a corrupted dictionary file.

Alas, that´s that!
Advert

Tags
colordict, dict, error