Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
drmar
drmar began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Cover within epub file

I posted a similar question in the recipes area and was told this might be a better place.

How do I create a single Epub file with the cover art (for which I paid a pretty penny) included, so that it shows up as a thumbnail in my Nook library?

I keep getting the generic Calibre cover instead.

Thanks and any help is appreciated...
drmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
You must convert the epub to embed the cover
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
drmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
You must convert the epub to embed the cover
Thanks for responding, but how does this work? Can you explain the steps?
Old 03-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmar View Post
Thanks for responding, but how does this work? Can you explain the steps?
Select the book
Tap C
Make sure the input format (upper Left) says EPUB
Make sure the Output format (upper right) says EPUB
Click OK
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #5
drmar

Thanks

Thanks again to both who responded. Once I figured out where the change cover art dialog box was, it did just what I wanted.