Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #31
ctkierst
Enthusiast
ctkierst began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Pocketbook 360, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
2) Press the button "Ok" and "top buttons for paging and keep them pressed until a message about this Firmware Update
Sorry for being dense, but which buttons are the "top buttons for paging"? Are you referring to the two larger buttons, labelled "pages button" on page 5 of the manual?
ctkierst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #32
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctkierst View Post
Sorry for being dense, but which buttons are the "top buttons for paging"? Are you referring to the two larger buttons, labelled "pages button" on page 5 of the manual?
You hold PocketBook in such a manner that the text PocketBook 360° is not upside down.
The large button on the top is the top button.
In other words, the top button is the one closest to the green led.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:03 PM   #33
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
yes, these are "big" buttons
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #34
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Did the upgrade and all went as planned. The layout is nice on the epub books, but the fonts are way too small. Will this be addressed in the final firmware? And I give the boys in Ukraine kudos; I was able to authorize the reader and transfer content to it using ADE operating under crossover on Ubuntu Linux. I was shocked when the Pocketbook icon showed up on ADE. I didn't think it was possible.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #35
ctkierst
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You hold PocketBook in such a manner that the text PocketBook 360° is not upside down.
The large button on the top is the top button.
In other words, the top button is the one closest to the green led.
Ok, I downloaded the firmware update mentioned earlier in the thread, and copied it to the SDHC card. I pressed the "on" power button, and held down the "top page" button and the "middle" button (which I'm presuming is the "ok" button). The firmware update message I get is that no image is found. <sigh> What am I doing wrong? In another strange note, my Mac no longer sees the SDHC card as a separate drive when I connect the reader, though the reader sees it fine.

To top it all off, the DRM-free epub file that displays fine in various reader software on the Mac, won't open in the ereader, nor will the DRM epub file.

Last edited by ctkierst; 11-13-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:02 PM   #36
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Ok, I downloaded the firmware update mentioned earlier in the thread, and copied it to the SDHC card. I pressed the "on" power button, and held down the "top page" button and the "middle" button (which I'm presuming is the "ok" button). The firmware update message I get is that no image is found. <sigh> What am I doing wrong? In another strange note, my Mac no longer sees the SDHC card as a separate drive when I connect the reader, though the reader sees it fine.

To top it all off, the DRM-free epub file that displays fine in various reader software on the Mac, won't open in the ereader, nor will the DRM epub file.
Did you unzip the file that you downloaded? Did you copy it to the root of the sdcard (i.e. not inside of a folder on the SD card)?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:23 PM   #37
ctkierst
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Did you unzip the file that you downloaded? Did you copy it to the root of the sdcard (i.e. not inside of a folder on the SD card)?
I copied both the zipped and unzipped files to the card. I didn't see a folder on the SD card once it was formatted, I just dragged and dropped the files to the card. Now, of course, I can't see the card at all

Placing the card into the adapter allowed a reformat, so now it's visible. Copied the files to the root, but still no joy (not finding the firmware image). Should the card be formatted to something specific?

Last edited by ctkierst; 11-16-2009 at 09:28 AM. Reason: additional details