Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #1201
sherman
Addict
sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC, B&N Nook, Sony PRS-650/BC, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O
I'm having a problem where the plugin does not seem to set the "percent read" to 0% on unread books. The field simply remains empty if the book has not been opened on my reader.

Is this the intended behavior? From what I read from the help file, it does not appear to be. All check boxes in the "store bookmarks" dialog screen are blank.

BTW, should there be any issues with saving the ebook states from my Glo, and then restore them to my soon-to-arrive H2O?
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #1202
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I don't think I mangle that column. davidfor, is this you or do I need to do some digging?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:26 PM   #1203
sherman
Addict
sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.sherman can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Sony PRS-505/SC, B&N Nook, Sony PRS-650/BC, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura H2O

Oops.

I do believe I have posted this in the wrong thread. It was meant for the Kobo Utilities thread.

My apologies.

EDIT: Have now posted in the correct thread.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:31 PM   #1204
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I think you wanted to be in the Kobo Utilities plugin thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I'm having a problem where the plugin does not seem to set the "percent read" to 0% on unread books. The field simply remains empty if the book has not been opened on my reader.

Is this the intended behavior? From what I read from the help file, it does not appear to be. All check boxes in the "store bookmarks" dialog screen are blank.
Yes, it is deliberate. On the device, the reading state is store as, unread, reading and finished (there is a fourth state, but I don't think it is used anymore). The percent read is separate and normally only set if the book is being read. By not setting the percent read in the library, it indicates that the book has not been started on the device. And you can find these books with the search "#percentread:false" (with appropriate change for the column name and check that I have the syntax correct).

There are also performance reasons to do this. It means I don't need to retrieve the status of the unread books on the device, and update the calibre library.

And I just reread the help. It is badly worded. That bit is only for the restore. If the percent read is not set in the library, the book will be marked as unread on the device.
Quote:
BTW, should there be any issues with saving the ebook states from my Glo, and then restore them to my soon-to-arrive H2O?
Yes it can. When I started the store function, I realised very quickly that if I change how one item was stored, it could be restored to another device. I don't use it very often, but, I have tested it with my Glo and Touch with no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote