Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Glo HD, Aura H20, PRS-T1
Shatnerverse Books not available in ebook form?

I've noticed that the Shatnerverse books (Star Trek: The Return, Star Trek: Avenger, Star Trek: Spectre, and many more) are not available in ebook form, in any format. Of course, I have the .txt versions of those books, but I'd rather buy one that is formatted the way the published version looks, preferably in epub format.

Does anyone here know the specific reasons why the Shatnerverse books aren't readily available online? I am thinking about buying the paperback versions and formatting the .txt files I have from it, in sigil for eventual outputting to epub format.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
It would appear that at least some of the Shatner Star Trek books are available as eBooks (at least in the US, you don't say where you are).

Links are to Amazon, but if they have them other vendors should too...
Spectre
Captain's Peril
Preserver
Dark Victory
Captain's Glory
Captain's BLood
Academy - Collision Course

I'd guess the others will become available over time as Pocket/S&S get to them depending on how fast they're doing backlist stuff.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
In.
Shatnerverse.
Is.
Every.
Word.
Its.
Own.
Sentence.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:52 AM   #4
tayseidel
Zealot
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It would appear that at least some of the Shatner Star Trek books are available as eBooks (at least in the US, you don't say where you are).

Links are to Amazon, but if they have them other vendors should too...
Spectre
Captain's Peril
Preserver
Dark Victory
Captain's Glory
Captain's BLood
Academy - Collision Course

I'd guess the others will become available over time as Pocket/S&S get to them depending on how fast they're doing backlist stuff.
Thanks for the list. The Return and Avenger novels were the ones I was looking for. I've since bought The Return in paperback. I have since completed The prelogue, ch 1, 2, 3, and 4 in Sigil.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
In.
Shatnerverse.
Is.
Every.
Word.
Its.
Own.
Sentence.
No. Manywords. Areknownto. Runon, beforecomingto. Asudden.

Stop.

I'd been interested in checking out Shatner's Tek books, but so far, none of them are available as ebooks either.

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 02-16-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #6
tayseidel
Zealot

I noticed that quite a few of Shat's books aren't available as ebooks. In any case, I'm having a bit of a tough time getting drop caps to display correctly in Sigil, even when I use Word and then save it as HTML for importing into Sigil.