Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
IntegrityWolf
^_^
IntegrityWolf began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch (Wi-Fi)
Border eBooks on Kindle?

hey y'all.

I got a couple of Borders giftcards as gifts! I'd like to use them to get ebooks but I have a Kindle, not the Sony that Borders is marketing, Is there anyway for me to get the Border eBooks for my Kindle? I've never downloaded from Borders so I don't know how it works there.

I have a Kindle 1 by the way.
IntegrityWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
I believe the link on Borders' website takes you to the download for the Sony Reader Library software. I don't know if a Borders' giftcard can be used at the Sony store but even if it could you would only get ePub books which cannot be read on the Kindle.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
I believe the link on Borders' website takes you to the download for the Sony Reader Library software. I don't know if a Borders' giftcard can be used at the Sony store but even if it could you would only get ePub books which cannot be read on the Kindle.
To elaborate a little, ePub books can be converted with good fidelity for Kindle if they don't have DRM. But virtually anything purchased from Sony will have DRM, so it is moot that in this case the format happens to be ePub.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote