Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Review your Kindle PW covers here (all types)

Hi,

I thought about collecting all covers reviews, besides official Amazon cover, here.

I'm looking for a slim design. Not sure if we have one available...
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm using the Belkin Verve Tab Folio for Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Touch, Black. I originally bought it for my Touch but it fits the PW very well. It is simple, functional, and inexpensive at less than $25 on Amazon.

I found this YouTube video review.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-06-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I have the black PW cover by Amazon and its fantastic. The Kindle fits in very securely, the overall package is very small/slim and I really like the magnetic clip that keeps it closed and wakes the Kindle.
Could it be $10 cheaper? Yes, but its awesome none the less.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I'm using the Belkin Verve Tab Folio for Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Touch, Black. I originally bought it for my Touch but it fits the PW very well. It is simple, functional, and inexpensive at less than $25 on Amazon.

I found this YouTube video review.

Wow, nice, does it fit the PW well?

I am reluctant to get the Amazon's leather cover. It adds too much weight and kind of expensive, IMO, so still on the fence ...
Old 10-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite

Last edited by sparklemotion; 10-06-2012 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Oops just realized you didn't want the Amazon official cover here.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Wow, nice, does it fit the PW well?

I am reluctant to get the Amazon's leather cover. It adds too much weight and kind of expensive, IMO, so still on the fence ...
It fits really well. Here is a photo. I had to use a flash so it actually looks a little darker in real life. It is easy to hold and use.

A cool feature is the clasp has a magnet to keep it secured. The magnet works really well either with the front cover enclosing the PW or with the front cover folded back behind. Either way the clasp secures well. BTW, the magnet does not turn it on when opened as the Amazon covers does, it is merely used to secure the clasp in place.

Last edited by jswinden; 10-06-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
jocampo
Layback feline

sparkle,

How much weight the cover added? how does it feel ...

I kind of like sleeve , but can't find one in Amazon yet ...
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
jocampo - I really don't think it adds much weight, (it's 5.6 ounces according to Amazon) it's very slim, not much larger than the PW itself. I think it's one of the slimmest cases you can find for the PW. From what I have seen, at least.

As for the feel, I really like it personally, but I have heard some people say they think it feels cheap, but it doesn't at all to me. Best Buy has the Fire HD cases out in most stores and they're similar to the PW case, so you could check it out in person if you have a BB near you. They only had 2 colors out at my BB though. (Black and fuchsia.)

The only difference is the PW case has a silver metal tab on the side and the Fire's I believe have a plastic tab.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
jocampo
Layback feline

Is someone using this on his Kindle PW?

http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Kindle...s=timbuk2+foam

This is the kind of sleeve I like. But wonder how snug it is ...
Old 10-06-2012, 01:46 PM   #10
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I'm using the Built sleeve. It is awesome for carrying it around and then I use the kindle naked. Works.
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #11
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
Quote:
Is someone using this on his Kindle PW?

http://www.amazon.com/Timbuk2-Kindle...s=timbuk2+foam

This is the kind of sleeve I like. But wonder how snug it is ...
I actually bought this sleeve for my PW, but I am returning it. It's not very snug, but the flap fastens securely. With the quilted padding and the soft furry interior, I felt like it would offer enough protection, but I found the whole packaqe too bulky. Another downside for me was the loud noise the velcro made when unfastening it. It made me reluctant to take out my PW and read at night when my husband was sleeping for fear of waking him up. Ultimately, I ended up ordering the official cover. Twice as expensive, but I don't regret it for the slimmer profile, ease of holding the PW while reading, and the instant on/sleep.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:03 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

I'm using this Amazon sleeve for the Touch now that I put the PW in the Belkin cover. I bought the sleeve way back when I got the Touch and rarely used it until now. It is really good, but typically pricey as it is an Amazon official accessory!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #13
jocampo
Layback feline

Hmmmm

I guess no Kindle PW sleeves yet ...

Yeah, I have one for my Touch, Timbuk2, nice one, but it's not snug or tight enough for the Kindle PW, "dances", all around once is inside.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:40 PM   #14
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElspethB View Post
I actually bought this sleeve for my PW, but I am returning it. It's not very snug, but the flap fastens securely. With the quilted padding and the soft furry interior, I felt like it would offer enough protection, but I found the whole packaqe too bulky. Another downside for me was the loud noise the velcro made when unfastening it. It made me reluctant to take out my PW and read at night when my husband was sleeping for fear of waking him up. Ultimately, I ended up ordering the official cover. Twice as expensive, but I don't regret it for the slimmer profile, ease of holding the PW while reading, and the instant on/sleep.
Awesome advice, thank you so much!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Hmmmm

I guess no Kindle PW sleeves yet ...

Yeah, I have one for my Touch, Timbuk2, nice one, but it's not snug or tight enough for the Kindle PW, "dances", all around once is inside.
Actually the one I linked above says, "Amazon Kindle Zip Sleeve, Blue (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, and Kindle Touch)." It certainly isn't designed just for the PW, but it grips the Kindles nicely while adding a fair amount of padding and armor.