Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-21-2013, 04:31 PM   #571
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
k2pdfopt v2.03 released

K2pdfopt v2.03 is released. This update only affects the MS Windows binaries. The GUI correctly converts in native mode now and MuPDF has been modified with patches from Sumatra PDF reader so that it now utilizes MS Windows system fonts for non-embedded PDF fonts. See the web site for details.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #572
agelos100
Enthusiast
agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!agelos100 rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle
Output file to large

Hello and congratulations about k2pdfopt!

Today I installed for 1st time your last version of this software (v2.03).

I am facing a problem, I red this entire thread, and everything at your site but I could not find a solution.

I have as an input file a pdf document probably made by word, so it is ocr-ed, small and clear; when I convert it with 2pdfopt the output is something like 3 to 5 times larger.

I am attaching an example of 2 files for your convenient.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your time,
Angelos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 10 Great Ways to Self-Esteem.pdf (909.1 KB, 296 views)
File Type: pdf 10 Great Ways to Self-Esteem_k2opt.pdf (2.52 MB, 206 views)

Last edited by agelos100; 10-03-2013 at 05:33 PM.
agelos100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #573
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agelos100 View Post
Hello and congratulations about k2pdfopt!

Today I installed for 1st time your last version of this software (v2.03).

I am facing a problem, I red this entire thread, and everything at your site but I could not find a solution.

I have as an input file a pdf document probably made by word, so it is ocr-ed, small and clear; when I convert it with 2pdfopt the output is something like 3 to 5 times larger.

I am attaching an example of 2 files for your convenient.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your time,
Angelos
You're not doing anything wrong. In order to re-flow text, the most efficient way to do the output is to bitmap it (at least it is the most efficient way for k2pdfopt given its limitations), and that's what k2pdfopt does. The drawback is that it increases the file size some, particularly for files like this which are generated by Word. The 2.5-MB file size seems quite reasonable, though. BTW, no need to read through the entire thread. I don't think anybody expects you to read 500 posts before asking a question--just maybe search on some smart keywords.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #574
desimaniac
desimaniac began at the beginning.

Device: Kpw
The website is down.
desimaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #575
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by desimaniac View Post
The website is down.
I have notified my web hoster as of 6:30am this morning (PDT). They are supposedly working on it.
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #576
desimaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
I have notified my web hoster as of 6:30am this morning (PDT). They are supposedly working on it.
Great. Can't wait.

//Need to test it on a PDF textbook I'm reading via Koreader + reflow - the reflow is perfect (i know its k2pdfopt in the background) but koreader gets slow with such a large pdf.
Old 10-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #577
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Temporary downloads

For now, I've attached the Win32 version of v2.03. I'll remove this when my site comes back.
Edit, 10-8-13: Added linux x64 binary. The word from my web hoster is that the main server *and* the backup server crashed at the same time (how lucky for me). They are still working the issue.
Edit, 10-10-13: Added linux i386 version.
Edit, 10-17-13: Web site finally fully restored. Removed attachments.

Last edited by willus; 10-17-2013 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Web site fully restored
Old 10-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #578
desimaniac

Quote:
For now, I've attached the Win32 version of v2.03. I'll remove this when my site comes back.
Also a cached version of the contributions page...

Code:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/contrib/+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #579
Lord Honig
Lord Honig began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo mini
Linux version

Willus this tool sounds amazing! Any chance of putting also the linux 64-bit version available in the meantime?
Lord Honig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:08 PM   #580
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Honig View Post
Willus this tool sounds amazing! Any chance of putting also the linux 64-bit version available in the meantime?
See post #577.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #581
JensW
Enthusiast
JensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trolls

Device: Kindle 4
hmmm...there might be some connection between this picture and recent website-related events... ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hits.png
Views:	301
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	113072  
JensW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #582
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Web site woes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensW View Post
hmmm...there might be some connection between this picture and recent website-related events... ;-)
It's sort of turned into a Shakespearean tragic comedy at this point. I ping my web hoster daily, and they reply back that the data center technicians are working feverishly on the problem and will have it fixed "very soon." They've been saying that since Saturday. I am not hopeful and am looking into an alternate hoster at this point, but I will have to substantially re-build my site as my last full backup stored locally on my PC is from March 2012.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:12 AM   #583
padsel
padsel began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Edit, 10-8-13: Added linux x64 binary. The word from my web hoster is that the main server *and* the backup server crashed at the same time (how lucky for me). They are still working the issue.
could you share linux 32-bit version?
beggin on my knees
padsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #584
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsel View Post
could you share linux 32-bit version?
beggin on my knees
Done. See post #577.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #585
JensW
Enthusiast
JensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trollsJensW doesn't feed trolls

Device: Kindle 4
I have posted a link to post #577 on my website, since many people try my page instead of yours now. That way they aren't lost completely.
JensW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools