Notices

Old 07-07-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
angelyne
Connoisseur
angelyne is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Fixing Book Designer problem with italics when converting from LIT

Hello there,

You might have noticed that Book Designer drops the space before any italicized word when it converts from the lit format.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before but I found a simple solution to that problem. Clit's new version (1.8) has fixed that bug, but BD seem to be relying on the old bugged version.

To fix this simply download the latest version of CLIT18.exe. Make a copy of clit.exe and rename it to clit12a.exe. Make a backup of the clit12a.exe that's found in the book designer folder (just in case), and replace it with the new one. That's it. Worked like a charm in the tests I made.
angelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Go here and download the Book Designer update. Copy all the files over your existing Book Designer and it will be using CLIT 1.8.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2007, 09:35 AM   #3
angelyne
Connoisseur
angelyne is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thanks for the tip. I think that update has problems does it not? It crashes on me everytime I make a mistake with the link function (F4)
angelyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Another thing you can do is install the 03/29/07 update and then copy clit 1.8 over the file Clit12a.exe and you'll not have italics issues.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote