Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #31
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
This might just be a coincidence...

I've got my books stored in a directory structure (usually a sub-directory for each book series). If I'm in one of those directories and click the "Books" button at the bottom of the iLiad, the green light flashes for a bit and then it comes up and says "An unexpected error occured. null". I thought that with the Content Lister it would take me back to the top level of the Books directory.

I don't know if this is related to the newLister, but it started happening right after I installed it. It's possible the same thing happens with the Content Lister and I just never noticed before. Anybody else have this happen?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #32
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I have mine in multiple directories as well, although only one level deep. I'm not having any problems with the button. I'll try adding another directory and see what happens.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:10 PM   #33
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

I just added a few nested directories and everything still seems to work fine if I hit the books button.......it takes me to the top level books directory
Old 01-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #34
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Must be something funny with my directory or memory then. Thanks for checking. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug in newLister.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #35
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard

I had something similar happen one time and it turned out to be a corrupt file on my card. The only way to fix it was to format my card and copy the files back over. Not sure if that will work, but you might want to give it a try.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #36
netkisser
netkisser began at the beginning.

Device: none
It's good,but the chinese book name&directories can't showed correctly,while the original contenLister can do it,what's can i changed to let it do.Thank you. my iliad support english and chinese,i use the english as default language.
netkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #37
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
Hello Netkisser,

Quote:
Originally Posted by netkisser View Post
It's good,but the chinese book name&directories can't showed correctly,while the original contenLister can do it,what's can i changed to let it do.Thank you. my iliad support english and chinese,i use the english as default language.
I really do not know what the difference is between the English and Chinese versions. Maybe the font settings are different?

newLister uses settings in /usr/share/contentlister/newLister.rc which is a slightly modified version of the original /usr/share/contentlister/contentLister.rc. Maybe contentLister.rc is different on a Chinese Iliad?

Can you have a look at the differences?
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:02 AM   #38
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by netkisser View Post
I have English, Chinese, Japanese glyphs displayed on my iLiad. I don't have such problem with newlister.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:04 AM   #39
netkisser
netkisser began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yeah,it's my fault,the reason is my uncorrect transfer using sftp,so the book name is damaged in the transfer process. hansel,your progrom is perfect
netkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 AM   #40
joelypolly
joelypolly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.joelypolly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.joelypolly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.joelypolly has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Can we maybe make this thread sticky
joelypolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:31 AM   #41
Gavras
Gavras began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
I am a new user and this is the first application installed on my iLiad, work perfectly!

Thanks to Hansel
Gavras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 05:22 AM   #42
habell
habell began at the beginning.

I seem to have a problem.
In the install notes you state: "navigate to it and run the installer".
I try to, but nothing happens. I clicked on "Install NewLister", the green light flashed for about a millisecond and nothing seems to happen.
What am I doing wrong?
it's newlister 1.04 and I'm trying it on a clean Iliad Book Edition (with firmware 2.12)
habell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:26 AM   #43
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by habell View Post
the green light flashed for about a millisecond and nothing seems to happen.
Hello Habell,

You need to get shell access for your iLiad in order to install 3rd party applications.
See: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Iliad_shell_access
Good luck!
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 08:15 AM   #44
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
Good luck!
That sounds very optimistic
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 04:09 PM   #45
syltao
syltao began at the beginning.

Unhappy Instalation using pendrive

Hello All,
Just relating installation using pendrive.

I put the uncompressed folder on a pen drive.
The Iliad is plugged, charging is battery.
I boot the Iliad, plug the pendrive, find USB, open the newLister folder and,
I execute the installation (clic on the first line)
It said something like "installation is OK"
I select 20 items per page
Error message.
I click on "reboot", last line,
Nothing append,and I can't do nothing.
I reset, nothing append,
I reset, then immediately reboot with on/off button, it seems to reboot but stops at the "ILIAD welcome" image.
I put off the pendrive, then reset & reboot: the Iliad seems again to stops on the "ILAD welcome" image.
It was with last Iliad firmware (updated last week, 2.12 ?), configured to open on the the help files page after boot (not on last visited page). I use the with newLister-1.0.4

I can't see any contend when plugging the Iliad USB cable to my computer.

I think to try "Reflash / Boot from CF".
I'm right ?
syltao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contenlister, development, iliad, newlister