Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #1
Looler
Looler began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
My Kobo is having major issues... PLEASE HELP

Issue 1) The page turning is really slow... My setting is to have the thing refresh every 6 page turns. Its been fine up until a few days ago. I also have to tap a few times to get it to work sometimes.

Issue 2) My reading life stats (such as hours + books read) isn't updating. It's been like this ever since I bought the Kobo this past summer. I've just never bothered to look into it.

PLEASE REPLY IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF HOW TO FIX THIS! Thanks!
Looler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Issue 1) Try a soft reset, do this by inserting a paper-clip into the tiny hole in the back of the Kobo for around 10 seconds. That worked for me when I had slow page turns.

Issue 2) If you go into settings and then Reading Life are both boxes check marked?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Looler

Thanks for answering!

1) I didn't do the reset but its speed is fine now after i charged it for the night.
2) Both boxes are checked. What's not updating is the percentage of my library read. So it'll say that i read 11 books (I've read much more than that), read for 15.3 hours and say that 0% of my library has been read....

Any other solutions?
Old 02-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looler View Post
Thanks for answering!

1) I didn't do the reset but its speed is fine now after i charged it for the night.
2) Both boxes are checked. What's not updating is the percentage of my library read. So it'll say that i read 11 books (I've read much more than that), read for 15.3 hours and say that 0% of my library has been read....

Any other solutions?
Are you deleting books after you've read them?
Old 02-21-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Deleting them won't affect the count of books read. I've read books from the library and they are still included in my tally of books read even though they are no longer in my library or on my Touch.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
Looler

No I don't delete books after I read them, I just leave them on.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Deleting them won't affect the count of books read. I've read books from the library and they are still included in my tally of books read even though they are no longer in my library or on my Touch.
No, I know it won't affect the total number of books finished. But I thought that it might affect % of library read.

Last edited by The Terminator; 02-22-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #8
alexul
Connoisseur
alexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura aboutalexul has a spectacular aura about

Device: PB 360, Kobo Touch
On my device, the Reading Life stopped working after the first book .
alexul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:48 AM   #9
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Sorry about that I misunderstood your post. And you are right it does affect the percentage.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #10
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
When you finish reading a book, do you page to the end until it bookmarks and then returns to the Home page, or do you use the "mark as finished" menu item?

I believe that Reading Life only considers a book "Read" when you page right to the end of the book and it closes itself.
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
Looler

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymohr View Post
When you finish reading a book, do you page to the end until it bookmarks and then returns to the Home page, or do you use the "mark as finished" menu item?

I believe that Reading Life only considers a book "Read" when you page right to the end of the book and it closes itself.
I page until the end o.o

Tags
kobo, kobo touch, page turn, reading life, settings