Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #301
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
One feature that Sigil has that AWP does not is Title case, which capitalizes the first letter of the world and makes the rest of the word lower case. This is useful when converting PDFs where words like FoREwoRD appear.
The case pattern related commands are available under the "Format | Change Case" menu of Atlantis.

If you need to convert "FoREwoRD" to "Foreword", you should first choose the "Lowercase" command from the "Format | Change Case" menu (or just press Ctrl+F3), then choose the "Heading" or "Sentence" command from the "Format | Change Case" menu. The "Sentence" command capitalizes the first letter of each sentence within the selection. The "Heading" command capitalizes the first letter of each word within the selection.
awp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #302
awp
Addict
awp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverawp exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
I can not use join paragraphs on the attached document. It simply does not respond. I chose another different document and it worked fine. What is wrong with this one?
The problem is that there are two paragraph end marks between the paragraph lines in your document. The "Join paragraphs" command assumes that when there is a blank paragraph between two neighboring paragraphs, these two paragraphs belong to different logical paragraphs.

Please open your document in Atlantis, press Ctrl+H to display the "Find / Replace" dialog. Specify "^p^p" (without quotes) in the "Find what" edit box. Specify "^p" (without quotes) in the "Replace with" edit box. Press "Replace All". Then Atlantis would display a message box with the following text:

Quote:
Atlantis has reached one end of the document.
Would you like to relaunch searching from the other end of this document?

[Yes] [No]
Click "No", and close the "Find/Replace" dialog.

Now you can "select all" (press Ctrl+A), and "join paragraphs" (press Ctrl+Shift+U).
Advert
Old 05-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #303
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Thank you on both scores.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 AM   #304
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Things I still miss are flow of text around images and some minimal table support.
If you do get around to doing tables, adding a simple math function would allow me to dump wordperfect which I use only for invoices.

Just simple addition, subtraction or multiiplication across a row and down a column would be great.

I know I am dreaming, but I am attaching a sample.

Another request would be to have search and replace return you to where you started the search.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sampleinvoice.pdf (33.1 KB, 320 views)

Last edited by mrmikel; 05-22-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #305
awp
Addict

Quote:
Just simple addition, subtraction or multiiplication across a row and down a column would be great.
Not exactly what you need, but you can perform some calculations in the document window of Atlantis:
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...lculations.htm
http://www.atlantiswordprocessor.com...antips_010.htm
Advert
Old 05-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #306
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
If you do get around to doing tables, adding a simple math function would allow me to dump wordperfect which I use only for invoices.

I know I am dreaming, but I am attaching a sample.

Another request would be to have search and replace return you to where you started the search.
I would think that math functions are way above minimal support for tables. I would not want to see a delay for this sort of functionality. To me minimal support is an x-y grid of boxes with the ability to place text inside. No headers, no splitting between pages, no frills, just some formatting like a paragraph for each box. I would be nice if the box itself could be made invisible or displayed. Of course all the additional functionality would be nice but not really necessary for ePub use.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:40 AM   #307
mrmikel
Color me gone

As far as epubs go, you are absolutely right, Dale. Since it is a word processor, I thought maybe I could get it to do another job for me beyond being an epub generator.

Going much beyond very basic tables would open up a GIGANTIC can of worms about why links don't work, etc, etc., and their aim is apparently fairly bulletproof plug and play epub generation.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #308
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
As far as epubs go, you are absolutely right, Dale. Since it is a word processor, I thought maybe I could get it to do another job for me beyond being an epub generator.

Going much beyond very basic tables would open up a GIGANTIC can of worms about why links don't work, etc, etc., and their aim is apparently fairly bulletproof plug and play epub generation.
Actually links do work on ePubs made using this tool, both internal and external to web sites. It, of course, depends on the reading program as to whether they are supported.

Dale
Old 05-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #309
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
Some like the harder ways.

But any next release of Atlantis Word Processor will automatically generate .mobi if you put the kindlegen.exe to the home folder of Atlantis.

You can already try a test build of Atlantis including this feature. Just click here to download a new setup file of Atlantis, run the setup file, and follow the onscreen instructions to update your Atlantis.

Then put the kindlegen.exe to the home folder of Atlantis (normally "C:\Program Files\Atlantis" or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atlantis"). If you do not have kindlegen.exe, you can download it from here.

This test build of Atlantis also saves the "Keep with next paragraph" formatting attribute to EPUB.
Thanks for this. Yes the KindleGen is practically automatic now. I would agree it is best for the user to download and install KindleGen themselves which is what I was originally thinking. It was just the launch of the tool that I wanted to see inside Atlantis. I did give this a try. The only suggestion would be to redirect the log output and errors to a file in the destination folder that could be perused by the user to see what KindleGen might have complained about.

Dale
Old 05-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #310
mrmikel
Color me gone

I was thinking of links inside tables, which I have had trouble with from time to time. Maybe I didn't know how to make them work, etc.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #311
awp
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yes the KindleGen is practically automatic now. I would agree it is best for the user to download and install KindleGen themselves which is what I was originally thinking. It was just the launch of the tool that I wanted to see inside Atlantis. I did give this a try. The only suggestion would be to redirect the log output and errors to a file in the destination folder that could be perused by the user to see what KindleGen might have complained about.
I think that making this "EPUB to MOBI" conversion process in Atlantis Word Processor more complicated does not make sense. Those who need more than just an automatic conversion, should use Kindle Previewer. They not only could view error logs but also preview their eBooks under emulators of different Kindle devices.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:47 PM   #312
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by awp View Post
I think that making this "EPUB to MOBI" conversion process in Atlantis Word Processor more complicated does not make sense. Those who need more than just an automatic conversion, should use Kindle Previewer. They not only could view error logs but also preview their eBooks under emulators of different Kindle devices.
Yes, it is the same engine. If you really feel that way then perhaps you should launch that one instead.

Dale
Old 05-25-2013, 05:51 AM   #313
awp
Addict

If a user has Kindle Previewer, he/she most probably is familiar with the EPUB-to-MOBI conversion procedure, and there is no point in converting EPUB to MOBI in Atlantis. Kindle Previewer is not a command-line utility that can be just unpacked to any folder. Its standard location in a user's system is a hidden "Application Data" folder.

The EPUB-to-MOBI conversion in Atlantis should not be seen as a major feature. If a fully automatic EPUB-to-MOBI conversion is not OK with some users, they should simply use the corresponding tools from Amazon. Atlantis could not be of any help if a user needs more than the kindlegen utility has to offer.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #314
awp
Addict

And by the way, Atlantis Word Processor can convert documents to EPUB (and now to MOBI too) through the Batch conversion command. Kindle Previewer is completely inappropriate for this purpose.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #315
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

I understand. I really thought the KindeGen was enough from the beginning but I was put aback by your statement that users didn't need to see the log file which is certainly something the KindleGen program does have to offer. What can it hurt to redirect this information to a file?

Dale

Tags
ebook, epub