Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #38041
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Looks like just another stuffed shirt, if you ask me.
nice one!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:58 AM   #38042
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Hi, y'all. Yes, I'm still alive. Has it really been a year since I've posted here? Sorry!

Well, in that year - I've settled into my dream job at the library and survived our Summer Reading program, which is sheer chaos but loads of fun.

We had some pretty significant changes with our house ownership - some of you may remember the difficulties we had with the landlord not fixing things? Well, he's no longer our landlord, and as of tomorrow, the construction workers should be done with the new roof!

How is everyone?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 03:14 AM   #38043
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Hi, y'all. Yes, I'm still alive. Has it really been a year since I've posted here? Sorry!
Hi! Nice to see you again! Hope you're back to stay!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:40 AM   #38044
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Hi, Shel! I'm glad to see you back, too! I'm more of a lurker than a poster these days, but I log on enough to keep tabs on everybody. You're at the library now? Jealous!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #38045
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Hi Shel!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #38046
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Stitchawl, and Betty, and KK!

Yes, Betty, I'm at the library!! Still part time, though that may change next spring. I love it! I had forgotten that there are jobs that people really do enjoy going to, and boy does it make a difference. My wonky sleeping schedule had to change a bit this summer, though, since I worked both Adult and Children's department all different hours. But as I said, it was loads of fun and I learned a ton.

Stitchawl, you're in Thailand now? I think you were contemplating moving the last time I was here, but I've slept since then. KK, how is the menagerie?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #38047
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Stitchawl, you're in Thailand now? I think you were contemplating moving the last time I was here, but I've slept since then.
Yes, we've been here over a year now, and loving it. We lived here for 10 years before moving back to Japan, and now back again and living less than a block away from where we lived before. More traffic on the streets, and the prices are a little higher, but it's just as green, just as friendly, and the food is just as good! I was working the last time, but retired this time, so living the life of Reilly these days!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #38048
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Pondering the implications of dark matter and energy on our understanding of the universe. Also pining for milk and cookies...
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #38049
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Hi, y'all. <snip>
Howdy! Good to see ya'.

Quote:
How is everyone?
Not too shoddy. We have a butler now. Things are looking up.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #38050
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I finally notice Butler's elastic bottom -- is he for bag storage?

Hey Shel! Still in the same city I visited you in, once a long while ago? Whichever city that was (I've forgotten).
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #38051
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Hi Stitchawl, and Betty, and KK!

Yes, Betty, I'm at the library!! Still part time, though that may change next spring. I love it! I had forgotten that there are jobs that people really do enjoy going to, and boy does it make a difference. My wonky sleeping schedule had to change a bit this summer, though, since I worked both Adult and Children's department all different hours. But as I said, it was loads of fun and I learned a ton.

Stitchawl, you're in Thailand now? I think you were contemplating moving the last time I was here, but I've slept since then. KK, how is the menagerie?
They're good. Not quite as many breakouts on the part of the horses which is good as I'm laid up recovering from a second knee replacement as the first was not done correctly. Lost the 24 and 18 year old cats about 5 months apart. They had good long lives and it's amazing that they lasted that long as they were in and out cats. The Savanahs are good. Added a catio that they adore. The goofy Newfie has cabin fever because I'm not allowed to drive yet and have to rely on friends to get around
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:55 PM   #38052
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
<snip> The Savanahs are good. Added a catio that they adore. The goofy Newfie has cabin fever because I'm not allowed to drive yet and have to rely on friends to get around

Would you mind posting a picture or two of the catio? I'd love to see it.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:58 PM   #38053
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Yes, we've been here over a year now, and loving it. We lived here for 10 years before moving back to Japan, and now back again and living less than a block away from where we lived before. More traffic on the streets, and the prices are a little higher, but it's just as green, just as friendly, and the food is just as good! I was working the last time, but retired this time, so living the life of Reilly these days!

Stitchawl
That's cool! I hear Reilly had a pretty good life, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Howdy! Good to see ya'.

Not too shoddy. We have a butler now. Things are looking up.
Hey WT! LOL nice looking butler you've got there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I finally notice Butler's elastic bottom -- is he for bag storage?

Hey Shel! Still in the same city I visited you in, once a long while ago? Whichever city that was (I've forgotten).
Deb! Great to "see" you! LOL yep still in Dixon. Looks like we'll be staying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
They're good. Not quite as many breakouts on the part of the horses which is good as I'm laid up recovering from a second knee replacement as the first was not done correctly. Lost the 24 and 18 year old cats about 5 months apart. They had good long lives and it's amazing that they lasted that long as they were in and out cats. The Savanahs are good. Added a catio that they adore. The goofy Newfie has cabin fever because I'm not allowed to drive yet and have to rely on friends to get around
Wow you and knees. So sorry for the loss of your older cats. Buddy's getting on up there and we do worry about him, too. Sinatra seems hale and hearty, though.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #38054
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Hi Shel! Welcome back!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 07:13 PM   #38055
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Hi Shel! Welcome back!
Hi, Pooh, you silly old bear - erm, chicken!! How are things?

Edited for no strikethrough?

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?