Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
Searching tags to show tags I want even when it has a tag I do not

I am trying to filter some of the books I have out so that I can remove them, however I am unsure how to do what I want. I am able to search for books using tags to show the ones I want or do not want. I have no problem if I wanted to not see all the tags that have the particular tag.

However, this is what I am trying to do:

1) I do not want to show certain tags that I want to keep the books of (Tag A).
2) For the books I want to get rid of (Tag B), I want to be able to show the books even if the book also had Tag A.

Is there a way to show books that have a certain tag, even if the book has a tag I do not want to show? Also how much criteria can you put into a search? I have over 300 tags I need to filter through and over a 100 that I want to keep.

Note: While I say tags, I am actually using a custom column that is tag based.
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
You can't simultaneously show and exclude a book .

Book 1: TagA
Book 2: TagB
Book 3: TagA, TagB

Why don't you just search for tags:TagB and forget about tag A ? That will only show books that have Tag B (book 2 & 3 above).
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Jade Aislin
Groupie
Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Jade Aislin could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O, PRS-T1
I thought that might be the case. If I search for the tags I do not want, I have search for them individually. Otherwise it is hard to skip over the stories I do want. Now that I look back, I'm not sure what I was trying to do. If I can filter out the tags I do want to keep, I'll be able to remove the left over books. Than I can look at what is left of the tags I did not want.

I also tried to not show the tags I wanted to keep, but when I tried saying to not show tag B or tag C, they both show up.

Book 1: Tag B (doesn't have tag C)
Book 2: Tag C (doesn't have tag B)

While I had some luck using and to not show books with tags B/C, I got an error saying that the maximum recurrsion depth was reached when I tried to filter out the books with the tags I wanted to keep. How many things can you search for at once?

I guess I'll have to go through each tag I do not want manually to ensure that I keep the books I want.
Jade Aislin is offline   Reply With Quote