Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 07:03 PM   #1
candytx
Enthusiast
candytx doesn't littercandytx doesn't litter

Device: K2
Free on Kindle: The Joy of Pregnancy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BCFRJY/

Here ya go!
candytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
I speak for my wife when I say this. The "Joy" of pregnancy?! Joyous, it is not.

I don't have a kindle, nor a need for the pregnancy book (been through it already), but thank you all the same.
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
PLEASE could you specify that such books are only free in the USA. It is not fair to readers in other countries to claim that a book is "free", only for them to find out that it is not.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 03:54 AM   #4
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
PLEASE could you specify that such books are only free in the USA. It is not fair to readers in other countries to claim that a book is "free", only for them to find out that it is not.
I live outside of the US and they are free to me. Although I can't quite remember how I managed it now.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:12 AM   #5
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
As a reader in another country, I'd like to disassociate myself from Harry's opinion.

Candy for taking the trouble to let us know about the offer.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:12 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
With only 16 days to go, thank God I don't feel compelled to pick up the book at this late date.

Now, where's the book on "Dealing with a Woman Who is Frequently Difficult Because She's Pregnant"? Where's THAT book, I'd like to know!!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:14 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
As a reader in another country, I'd like to disassociate myself from Harry's opinion.
I'm not saying that they aren't appreciated - of course they are. But on a world-wide board like this, to simply say in the thread title which country the book is free in will save other people from discovering that, as in this case for example, the book actually costs $11.44 for people in the UK.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-11-2010 at 05:39 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:43 AM   #8
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
With only 16 days to go, thank God I don't feel compelled to pick up the book at this late date.

Now, where's the book on "Dealing with a Woman Who is Frequently Difficult Because She's Pregnant"? Where's THAT book, I'd like to know!! Don
Good luck Don! Keep telling yourself it's just the hormones!

Joy is indeed far from the word I would use to describe pregnancy. None of the books I read beforehand (and I read loads) truthfully described what it was like. I think joy relates to the relief when it's all over - or when you stop feeling too tired to enjoy your new addition
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:21 AM   #9
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Good luck Don! Keep telling yourself it's just the hormones!

Joy is indeed far from the word I would use to describe pregnancy. None of the books I read beforehand (and I read loads) truthfully described what it was like. I think joy relates to the relief when it's all over - or when you stop feeling too tired to enjoy your new addition

I think there's Truth in all you say.

Don
Old 02-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #10
candytx
Enthusiast
candytx doesn't littercandytx doesn't litter

Device: K2
How exactly are we to tell that it's US or US and others? Seriously. I'm stopping posting when I find these. I'm sick of being corrected, attacked, questioned. I just post what I see, apparently I'm not doing it right, so you guys can have at it.
candytx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by candytx View Post
How exactly are we to tell that it's US or US and others?
Nobody's expecting you to know. All I'm asking is that you say "this book is free in the USA" if that's where you are located. Is that really too much to ask?
Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Nobody's expecting you to know. All I'm asking is that you say "this book is free in the USA" if that's where you are located. Is that really too much to ask?

...or if you have a U.S.-based account and address, but reside in another country.

Don
Old 02-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #13
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Going to send this link to my pregnant sis. Gracias
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #14
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
I'm not saying that they aren't appreciated - of course they are. But on a world-wide board like this, to simply say in the thread title which country the book is free in will save other people from discovering that, as in this case for example, the book actually costs $11.44 for people in the UK.
Harry,

You should assume that any freebie posted that has Kindle in the title is free only in the US. Until they actually open stores in other countries (and probably even then, unless they announce a change in international pricing), all books sold overseas will cost more than in the US for the Kindle store. Sounds like this one didn't get discounted at all, but the original poster can't know that you aren't getting charged _only_ the additional 2.30 added as a minimum for the UK (just as some UK and CA deals are not so good for those in the US once currency factors are taken into account). In fact, the book could be a different price in each of the 100+ countries where Kindle books are legally sold.

Not to mention you know the work-around, the same as required to even buy a book in any of the other "big" ebookstores (or to avoid the same type of pricing changes or unavailability in the Sony store).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
In fact, the book could be a different price in each of the 100+ countries where Kindle books are legally sold.
Absolutely. That's why I'm offering what was intended to be a helpful suggestion that it would benefit people to know which country the poster is in for any specific offer, because they are often country-specific.