Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 08:17 AM   #1
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
Canada Only - Aluratek Libre Multimedia eBook Reader with 7" Color Display - $99.99

I don't know if this is a good deal or not (seems to be) and I've never used any Aluratek products but I thought one of the "deals" on today's Dell Days of Deals might be of interest to some of you.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/prod...1&sku=A4429805

Cheers.
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
dicemax
dicemax began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek
This is the cheapest color ebook reader that I have seen. It is very new and exclusive to Dell. Apparently it plays music and movies as well. No wi-fi though. I am getting it and provide a review later.

http://aluratek.com/libre-color-ebook-reader-white
dicemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
What is the screen resolution? What is the effective dpi. Neither Dell or Aluratek are telling--
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #4
dicemax

Here are 2 reviews:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYhsZZgupLc

http://reviews.hsn.com/4590/6252612/...gs/reviews.htm
Old 12-08-2010, 12:13 PM   #5
JackandJessie
JackandJessie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
They don't have any in stock, but you can order and play a guessing game on when it will arrive.
JackandJessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:07 PM   #6
wintertrader
wintertrader began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, kindle3
''Boasting superior battery life you can read up to 24hrs continuous use with an auto off feature if you just happen to fall asleep. Try the LIBRE | Color eBook Reader by Aluratek and experience why the future of books has gone digital.''
wintertrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
dicemax

Ordered mine this morning before OOS - estimated ship date 12/17.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #8
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I tried calling here from the US, using the phone number shown on the Canadian web page. Got the automated system, went through that. Shunted me to a live person who asked the same questions that the automated system did, then told me that he would switch me to a person who could answer my questions. Shunted me back to the automated system which began to ask the same questions all over again.

I hung up at that point.

Edit: Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I tried calling again. Got the automated system, this time I said I was calling about Accessories, since that's what ebook readers are listed under. Got shunted to "Raj", told him what I wanted, told him where it was advertised and what the price was. He told me he was at the US customer service site and the reader isn't listed for sale with them. Duh. He said I would have to contact Canadian customer service. I asked him if he could switch me to them. No. I asked if he had the phone number for them. No.

~sigh~

Last edited by Xanthe; 12-08-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
erictoma
Banned
erictoma doesn't littererictoma doesn't litter

Device: None
Does it contains a built in dictionary or not?
erictoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:26 PM   #10
erictoma
Banned
erictoma doesn't littererictoma doesn't litter

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
I tried calling here from the US. Got the automated system, went through that. Shunted me to a live person who asked the same questions that the automated system did, then told me that he would switch me to a person who could answer my questions. Shunted me back to the automated system which began to ask the same questions all over again.

I hung up at that point.
I called today 3 times and I have faced the automated system, both French and English choices lead to an human clerk who put me in the automated system again
Finally one answered my question and told me that the product will be available in two weeks. I don't know if he has said the truth or not.

Last edited by erictoma; 12-08-2010 at 06:37 PM.
erictoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:56 PM   #11
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictoma View Post
I called today 3 times and I have faced the automated system, both French and English choices lead to an human clerk who put me in the automated system again
Finally one answered my question and told me that the product will be available in two weeks. I don't know if he has said the truth or not.
I should have realized Dell's system routed me to the American customer service dept instead of the Canadian one - my language choices were English or Spanish. LOL
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote