Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
PDF2LRF equivalent for PDF->EPUB?

Die hard 505 fan here, been trying out the Nook... Straight text books look fantastic, better than the 505.

HOWEVER, I haven't been able to get my technical PDFs onto it yet. PDF2LRF is such an elegant solution for the 505. I don't care about the loss of searchable text.

Is there any program that would do what PDF2LRF does for EPUB? A comic program perhaps?
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
grimborg
Enthusiast
grimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toysgrimborg shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-T1
You can use PDF2LRF and then convert the LRF to ePub using Calibre

Also, check papercrop and briss. Maybe you don't need to convert your PDFs to another format after all!
grimborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2010, 05:56 PM   #3
Waba
Groupie
Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Waba has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, PRS-350/950, HP Touchpad, Kindle Keyboard
thanks for the tips grimborg, I tried the PDF2LRF to Calibre epub, and unfortunately much detail was lost... Readable, but not pretty.

Briss, and SoPDF work ok, but only on some PDFs... Ah well, ended up returning the Nook. But might come back in the future when more software and apps exist... An impressive device.
Waba is offline   Reply With Quote