Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
3.1 upgrade w/XP had some snags!

An upgrade on Vista Ultimate went smooth as silk. Not so smooth with Windows XP Pro SP3.

The installation process got mangled toward the end as it somehow loaded two Sony Library copies and started giving me error messages about the conflict and couldn't continue. I had closed the Sony software before starting the installation process. Since it had already asked me to restart the PC, I backed up a few tabs and clicked on the <restart>.

After the restart of my PC, Sony 3.1 seems to be installed okay...EXCEPT for the fact I lost everything in my Library.

At least it apparently got upgraded!!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
I can't imagine why my note was downgraded with a move to this section. I don't even own any of the Sony devices that are apparently covered by this section.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Possible error

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
I had closed the Sony software before starting the installation process.
That may have been the error. I have Windows XP SP3 and kept my Sony 3.1 software OPEN. I had no problems with my PRS 505.

It even copied one BN book I had imported to my Sony 3.1 on my PC and brought over the new Collections I had set up on the PC.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote