Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I'm not too worried about the no progress indicator, I just hit the ok button if I want to see how many pages I have left.

All my epubs are created by calibre from de-drm'd secure ereader files and the fonts range from 4-6 point which is fine for me, mobi's created from calibre (only made to test them) use 12-16 point which is huge in comparison, changing the base font size in calibre makes no difference whatsoever.
Just different strokes I guess. I usually read for an hour or three at a time and can't handle 4-6 point type for that long. I prefer something around 8 or 9 point (like most pbooks have).

What would be nice is if someone offered a 'size slider' where you could really set the size to whatever you want as opposed to 3-6 set sizes. The more tweakability the better IMO.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #17
Mnementh
Groupie
Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mnementh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Just different strokes I guess. I usually read for an hour or three at a time and can't handle 4-6 point type for that long. I prefer something around 8 or 9 point (like most pbooks have).

What would be nice is if someone offered a 'size slider' where you could really set the size to whatever you want as opposed to 3-6 set sizes. The more tweakability the better IMO.
I generally read for a good 5-6 hours a day (can't remember the last time I turned my tv on) in good lighting conditions so 4-6 point doesn't bother me (being myopic helps too ) but I could put up with 8-9 point in mobi. 12-16 point just uses up too much screen estate especially with the margins (which you don't get with epub, another thing I like about it) so you only get half of the amount on screen that you do with epub meaning more page turns which is an annoyance.

Basically if we could remove the page numbers from the side of the screen epub would be perfect for me but as you say it's horses for courses...
Mnementh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 08:57 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #19
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnementh View Post
I generally read for a good 5-6 hours a day (can't remember the last time I turned my tv on) in good lighting conditions so 4-6 point doesn't bother me (being myopic helps too ) but I could put up with 8-9 point in mobi. 12-16 point just uses up too much screen estate especially with the margins (which you don't get with epub, another thing I like about it) so you only get half of the amount on screen that you do with epub meaning more page turns which is an annoyance.

Basically if we could remove the page numbers from the side of the screen epub would be perfect for me but as you say it's horses for courses...
The latest firmware tweaked the ePUB sizes a bit. Generally I like about 20 to 22 lines of text per page and there is a choice that does this.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote