Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-12-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Let's keep the liseuse wikipedia article from getting deleted!

Wikipedia wizards, we need you!
Keep the Liseuse article from getting deleted!
Your efforts to create a credible "Keep" argument on it's deletion page would be valuable! Improve the article if you can too to make it more professional and researched!
Come on, MobileReaders, we can do it!
In case you're confused, read more: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55992

Last edited by AprilHare; 09-12-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Moar
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:09 PM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
If Wikipedia doesn't delete the "Liseuse" article, I will loose my faith in The free encyclopedia.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #3
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Where do I vote to make sure it DOES get deleted?
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
If Wikipedia doesn't delete the "Liseuse" article, I will loose my faith in The free encyclopedia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
:P This word is great and deserves protection!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:41 PM   #5
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
I want to help save the word, but I'm not sure how to do it. I created a Wikipedia account and have found the "Articles for deletion/Liseuse" page, but I don't know what to do now.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
I want to help save the word, but I'm not sure how to do it. I created a Wikipedia account and have found the "Articles for deletion/Liseuse" page, but I don't know what to do now.
Click on 'edit' and add an entry in the "Articles for deletion/Liseuse" article that supports 'keep'. Use the other entries as a guide as to how to edit Wikis.
Maybe a greater Wikipedia user than I can provide better instructions
Oh, and your signature in Wikipedia is added by using four tildes ~~~~.

Last edited by AprilHare; 09-12-2009 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Moar
Old 09-13-2009, 02:22 AM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
:P This word is great and deserves protection!
its not. give it up. it will never happen. I've never heard it before this thread.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:41 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It belongs in the French Wikipedia, but not the English one.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:50 AM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
its not. give it up. it will never happen. I've never heard it before this thread.
Lost causes are fun!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:35 AM   #10
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Lost causes are fun!
They're my favourite kinds of causes.

Liseuse or death you sourpusses in this thread!!

Viva la Liseuse (that should annoy at least two different nationalities, maybe three if I'm lucky )
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #11
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
They're my favourite kinds of causes.

Liseuse or death you sourpusses in this thread!!

Viva la Liseuse (that should annoy at least two different nationalities, maybe three if I'm lucky )
Annoyed nationalities strike back!
What will you call your "liseuse" the next time "French Fries" become "Freedom Fries"?
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #12
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
go to this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...iseuse#Liseuse
and add
*'''Delete''''''
*'''Redirect'''
or if you wish to keep the page
*'''Keep'''
Point.

See the above page for examples.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 08:59 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I do object to the claim:

Quote:
there has been a recent attempt by members of the MobileRead forums (an online community dedicated to ebooks and ebook readers) to have the word adopted for use in English.
I would say, personally, that the attempt has been made by a tiny minority of MR members, and that the majority view is that "eBook Reader" or "eReader" is the appropriate English term.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
(:winks: :sidlesuptodesertgrandma: :looks like poll fodder: )
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:44 AM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
(:winks: :sidlesuptodesertgrandma: :looks like poll fodder: )
Looks like pshrynkie beat me to it..........
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote