Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #31
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
When you say repeat, I'm not sure if you're getting it confused with the similar one they ran a couple of weeks ago, Barefoot Sisters Walking Home (Adventures on the Appalachian Trail) by Lucy Letcher and Susan Letcher, or if they gave it away sometime in the past. When I first saw it, I first thought, "Didn't they just give that one away?!?"
The other had not been free previously.

This one has been free on November 26, 2011 and August 3, 2012. Possibly other dates, as well, that I missed.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
The other had not been free previously.

This one has been free on November 26, 2011 and August 3, 2012. Possibly other dates, as well, that I missed.
Cool. Just didn't know if you might have confused it like I did initially.
Advert
Old 08-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #33
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Today's Kindle Daily Deal is
The Secret Rescue: An Untold Story of American Nurses and Medics Behind Nazi Lines by Cate Lineberry for $2.99
Quote:
The compelling untold story of a group of stranded U.S. Army nurses and medics fighting to escape Nazi-occupied Europe.

When 26 Army nurses and medics-part of the 807th Medical Air Evacuation Transport Squadron-boarded a cargo plane for transport in November 1943, they never anticipated the crash landing in Nazi-occupied Albania that would lead to their months-long struggle for survival. A drama that captured the attention of the American public, the group and its flight crew dodged bullets and battled blinding winter storms as they climbed mountains and fought to survive, aided by courageous villagers who risked death at Nazi hands to help them.

A mesmerizing tale of the courage and heroism of ordinary people, THE SECRET RESCUE tells not only a new story of struggle and endurance, but also one of the daring rescue attempts by clandestine American and British organizations amid the tumultuous landscape of the war.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #34
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

free:

Backwoods Home Magazine #111 - May/June 2008
http://www.amazon.com/Backwoods-Home...dp/B00C9QOJP0/
Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #35
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
A repeat freebie from Stackpole Books. Bringing the Thunder: The Missions of a World War II B-29 Pilot in the Pacific by Gordon Bennett Robertson Jr.
Quote:
Features dozens of never-before-seen photos of the B-29 in action

A fast-paced, riveting account that puts the reader in the cockpit of a four-engine bomber over enemy territory

Detailed account of combat, mission by mission

The B-29 bomber was made to soar in thin, cold air, dropping its massive bomb load from heights so great that the crews might never see their targets through the clouds below. That was just fine with Ben Robertson, pilot in command of one of the big four engine bombers hammering Japan to its knees in a nonstop bombing campaign in the Pacific. When General LeMay ordered the B-29s to switch tactics from daylight, high-altitude bombing runs to nighttime, low-level runs, Ben's attitude changed. What was once seen as simply dangerous--bombing Japan--now seemed a whole lot more like suicide.
Advert
Old 08-23-2013, 12:59 AM   #36
itisbomb
Addict
itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 4
A MOVEABLE FEAST: Life-Changing Food Adventures Around the World
by Lonely Planet Publications

is today's Nook Daily Find. It can be downloaded for $2.99

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/a-mo...=9781742205960

Below is the blurb:
From bat on the island of Fais to chicken on a Russian train to barbecue in the American heartland, from mutton in Mongolia to couscous in Morocco to tacos in Tijuana - on the road, food nourishes us not only physically, but intellectually, emotionally,and spiritually too. It can be a gift that enables a traveler to survive, a doorway into the heart of a tribe, or a thread that weaves an indelible tie; it can be awful or ambrosial - and sometimes both at the same time. Celebrate the riches andrevelations of food with this 38-course feast of true tales set around the world.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #37
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Moveable Feast price matched on Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Moveable-Lonel...dp/B004MYH1J8/

Free from CDI Publications:

How to Build the Perfect Bug Out Bag by I.M. Leaven
http://www.amazon.com/How-Build-Perf...dp/B00BA4JG96/
Old 08-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #38
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Newly free from Stackpole:
  • The Story the Soldiers Wouldn't Tell: Sex in the Civil War by Thomas P. Lowry
  • Pennsylvania Civil War Trails: The Guide to Battle Sites, Monuments, Museums and Towns by Tom Huntington
http://www.amazon.com/s/?rh=n:154606...sher=stackpole
Old 08-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #39
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
How to Drive a Tank and Other Everyday Tips for the Modern Gentleman by Frank Coles is free at Amazon.

Though I picked it up for the title alone, I skimmed it and it looks like a fun read. Be aware that the author is pretty cavalier about sprinking four-letter-words around if such things are a deal-breaker for you.

Quote:
Call yourself a man? You do? Do you even know what a real man is? Are you a six-foot-one Adonis who wears all the latest fashions, moisturises regularly, visits spas for pleasure and never does anything wrong? Or do you drink twenty pints every Friday night, guzzle a burger and fries on the way home and then fart yourself to sleep? It's time to stop being the man everyone expects you to be and be the one you want to be.

Learn how to:

- Pick locks, safes and chastity belts

- Disappear without a trace in 24 hours

- Win a gun fight

- Survive the wild

- Ride a wall of death

- Work a 4-hour week

- Survive any crisis

- Make things go boom

- Drive cars sideways

- Be a great dad

...and, of course, drive a tank.

Fast-paced and funny, this is the ultimate bible for the modern man.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:07 AM   #40
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
How to Drive a Tank and Other Everyday Tips for the Modern Gentleman by Frank Coles is free at Amazon.

Though I picked it up for the title alone, I skimmed it and it looks like a fun read. Be aware that the author is pretty cavalier about sprinking four-letter-words around if such things are a deal-breaker for you.
That looks hilarious, and potentially helpful to me personally, as my dad, while he did help me out with scouting activities and things of that nature, never taught me to drive a tank or pick locks. I've always felt deprived in that regard. Now on my Paperwhite. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #41
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
That looks hilarious, and potentially helpful to me personally, as my dad, while he did help me out with scouting activities and things of that nature, never taught me to drive a tank or pick locks. I've always felt deprived in that regard. Now on my Paperwhite. Thanks!
Knowing how to pick the lock on a chastity belt is a skill EVERY modern gentleman should have.
Old 08-27-2013, 01:18 PM   #42
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
...never taught me to drive a tank or pick locks.
The MIT Guide to Lock Picking was required reading when I was in college (back when "search engine" meant Archie).
Old 08-27-2013, 01:28 PM   #43
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
The MIT Guide to Lock Picking was required reading when I was in college (back when "search engine" meant Archie).
Sadly I remember Archie and Gopher and...
Old 08-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #44
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Sadly I remember Archie and Gopher and...
That's much less sad than not remembering them!
Old 08-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #45
hwlester
Wizard

Quote:
That's much less sad than not remembering them!
Closed Thread