Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Does nobody do that for Android, as a matter of interest? Sell different phone and tablet versions of an app, I mean.
It is very uncommon, Android apps are expected to work for any form factor. I only know of one app vendor that has a Phone and Tablet version, it is QuickOffice. They have a Pro version and a HD version. I have the Pro version and it works fine (scales up) for a phone, 7", and tablet. However the HD version only works on 10" tablets and has a lot more features. The UI was written for full doc writing/editing, which is probably why Google bought t hem out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Actually lots of apps don't do that, they have both iPhone and iPad versions in one app, it is just that the ones that do are more obvious I think it is most common with games.
In iTunes, or on the iTunes website, any app with a little + (plus) icon supports both iPhone and iPad layouts in the one app.

Edit: Bluefire shows an example of the plus icon. The screenshot section shows both iPhone and iPad screenshots.
Thanks good to know the iPad and iPhone appstore on the iPad threw me off. In thee Google Play store and Amazon its just one store apps are assumed to work on both. If they don't they will not show up on the stores.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #32
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
I just love the competition in Android phones. The prices of smartphones have dropped drastically in the last few years. I can see cheap Android phones selling for less than US$50 contract-free within a few years. That's all good news for budget conscious consumers like me.

Got one for $60 a couple of weeks ago. But a sale. A chain was clearing out old HTCs for 29.95 a month ago apparently!

So quite likely less than a few years.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 05:54 AM   #33
Nick Johnson
Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick Johnson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: googgle ads
Great news for android.. The hard work pay offs.. Still a long way to go......
Nick Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote