Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
sandi99
sandi99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Kobo Vox not displaying book covers

Hi there - just rec'd the new Kobo Vox for Christmas. Have not purchased or installed any new books or anything. For some reason, the books on the main menu and in the library (User Guide, Essential Europe Promo Guide etc) no longer show the book covers.

On the main menu, the books are simply "blacked" out.
In the library, i see the name of the book - no cover.

Would appreciate any assistance!
Thanks
sandi99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
Barbara Waud
Barbara Waud began at the beginning.

Kobo Vox books blacked out

I have the same problem periodically, a nuisance, but I love the Kobo Vox in spite of it.
You need to do a factory reset.
Press the centre icon at the bottom of the reader to bring up the selection and choose SETTINGS, choose PRIVACY, choose FACTORY DATA RESET. This will delete your data and reset the books. Make sure you are online and the reader will reload your books.
Hopefully, they come out with a fix to this problem.
I had to do this yesterday after I connected with a different WiFi location, it never happens on my own location.
Barbara Waud is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Could you just log out of your Kobo account and log back in to replace your books on the Vox? That way, if you have anything else customized or personalized (apps, email accounts, etc) you won't lose the?

I think you would select Settings / Kobo eReader Settings / Set up Kobo Reader
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:50 AM   #4
Barbara Waud
Barbara Waud began at the beginning.

I had tried that with no luck. No worries using the Factory Reset. Only the books are reloaded. All my settings remained.
Barbara Waud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Try deleting the widget by keeping your finger on it until a garbage appears and dragging the widget to it. Then add the widget again by putting your finger on an empty part of the screen and holding until the widget menu comes up. Select the Kobo mosaic widget from the list.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
Jwlahn
Jwlahn began at the beginning.

Possible Solution

I had this problem pop up today, which frustrated me to no end. I love my Kobo, but I wasn't keen on factory resetting it again and reinstalling all of the apps and setting up all my accounts and settings, so I thought I'd try a few things.

Unfortunately, switching accounts didn't do anything for me. All my books started to download again, but still without covers.

As a last ditch effort, I went into the Manage Application Data menu and cleared the data from the Kobo app. When I tried to launch the library, it complained that my device hadn't been set up yet, and took me through the set-up process. This time, when the books started downloading, they all had cover art again.

Hope this helps anyone else who encounters this problem. Really appreciate everyone on this forum!
Jwlahn is offline   Reply With Quote