Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-10-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
handisnacks
handisnacks began at the beginning.

Device: None
Can someone identify this e-reader?

I stumbled across this thing on fleabay. It honestly "looks" fairly decent. If anyone has any experience with one of these let me know. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-thin-Power...item33618d48ba
handisnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:40 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Just imagine how small those hands, and bikini clad women must be if that is a 6 inch reader?

I recommend passing this up.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:45 AM   #3
handisnacks

I know, the cut/paste job on the pics are hilarious. That being said, I still don't think things like this should be written off just yet until we know more. I've bought many things that are Chinese knock-offs and they turned out to be great products.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:47 AM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
uh... I have no problem dismissing obvious scams.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
handisnacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
uh... I have no problem dismissing obvious scams.
Calling it a scam is a little harsh. Again, you (and myself) know nothing of what this thing is aside from what's in the eBay ad. Likewise, there are several people selling it, so it must be an actual device...
Old 10-10-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
eGriver Touch Model ES600

Quote:
Originally Posted by handisnacks View Post
I stumbled across this thing on fleabay. It honestly "looks" fairly decent. If anyone has any experience with one of these let me know. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-thin-Power...item33618d48ba
The clues are in the pictures and description, and with a bit of Google-ing, it took me right back here.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:35 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlauzon View Post
The clues are in the pictures and description, and with a bit of Google-ing, it took me right back here.

Well spotted ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Don't bother with this reader....

# PDF reader: Adobe (w/DRM) PDF(mobile 9)
# FBReader: HTML, TXT, EPUB, RTF

FBReader is what's used for other then PDF and you won't be happy with that.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 09:11 AM   #9
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

That does seem similar, but the model number does not match. The one on ebay is a eb650, while the wiki is about an es600. Maybe an update from the same source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Don't bother with this reader....

# PDF reader: Adobe (w/DRM) PDF(mobile 9)
# FBReader: HTML, TXT, EPUB, RTF

FBReader is what's used for other then PDF and you won't be happy with that.
What is wrong with fbreader ?
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #10
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome twobits to mobileread ....

I don't know what's wrong with it - I use it in my PB302 (well a hack version ....)
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobits View Post
That does seem similar, but the model number does not match. The one on ebay is a eb650, while the wiki is about an es600. Maybe an update from the same source?

What is wrong with fbreader ?
Welcome to MobileRead, twobits.

Please feel free to click on the 'introduce myself' link below and explore the many areas of this site.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 02:48 PM   #12
handisnacks

Quote:
Awesome thanks. I honestly spent about an hour last night and didn't come up with anything.

As for FBReader, what's wrong with it? Pros/cons?
Old 10-10-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Fb-reader css suppport for epub manage to be worse than adobe's. There's no css support.
And no reading drm files.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #14
handisnacks

Ok well I don't believe in DRM (nothing I have uses it) so that's a non-issue.

So you're saying the CSS support is worse than Adobe, then you say there's "no" support. What do you mean? When I ask for information, I don't want someone spouting 2 sentences of random non-info.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
So you're saying the CSS support is worse than Adobe, then you say there's "no" support. What do you mean? When I ask for information, I don't want someone spouting 2 sentences of random non-info.
I'm not sure it's "none at all" or "close to none". Anyway, don't count on using css with fbreader.
Then fbreader have a good point, hyphenation.

Quote:
Ok well I don't believe in DRM (nothing I have uses it) so that's a non-issue.
You should look what what you want to read, make sure there is no-drm
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote