Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis 9th Gen
Two setup questions from new user...

First off, thanks for a very useful piece of software. Being new to the world of eBooks I am just settling into what I will use and how. Currently deciding between this and the supplied Sony software for managing my PRS-505.

Calibre has a lot of flexibility built into it and I am just scratching the surface of how to use it to manage my new, growing library. The fact that i can run both Linux and Windows versions is icing on the cake. With that said here are my questions.

1. Can I have the Windows and Linux versions share library / metadata setup. I have a dual boot setup with Ubuntu and Windows Vista (both 64 bit) and originally setup Calibre in Windows. I have just installed in Linux and was wondering if I can have the two installs share library info so I only have to set things up once. Can this be done?

2. I have setup Calibre to output conversions to LRF. Is that the best format to use for the PRS-505 or should I use epub?

Appreciate the help.

Regards,
Rich
radamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1. yes.
2. EPUB
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
radamo
Addict
radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.radamo can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
1. yes.
2. EPUB
Thanks for the quick (VERY) reply. I will look at the Calibre directory and see if I can figure out what file points it to the "library" info.
Regards,
RA
Old 04-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
radamo
Addict

Is there a cfg file somewhere? I can't find it?
RA
Old 04-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the preferences dialog, there are very few config options not exposed by that dialog.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
radamo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Use the preferences dialog, there are very few config options not exposed by that dialog.
DUH!!! My bad. Sorry to waste your time. Thanks for the quick response... That is exactly what I needed.
RA