Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
niceguyeddy
Edge User

Browser issue

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this....and if there is anything to do about it?

When I go to a public network....specifically Panera Bread.......my Edge shows the network, and when I open the browser I of course get the Panera log in page (that asks you to accept the terms and conditions). I click "agree", and the browser says "redirecting".....and nothing happens......

I've tried this with Dolphin as well....and can't get "in"......

Any thoughts?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
niceguyeddy
Edge User

Well, once I click "agree" and the browser says "redirecting", I try to check my email.....no dice.....then, I try to open another browser, and it takes me back to Panera's terms and conditions page with the "agree" button.

The same thing happened at a Martins' supermarket today (free wifi)........other public networks, no problem...only the ones with the "disclaimer" pages with the "agree" button........(a local Applebees and a local Arby's, both with free wifi.....no problems.....)

Advert
Old 04-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
provenceman
Edge User

I have received the same results when I tried to connect to the Panera Bread public network with my Edge. Yet when I tried it with my Fujitsu netbook it worked fine. But I get the same redirecting message

Thanks for bringing this up

provenceman

Old 04-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #4
niceguyeddy
Edge User

Thanks, Borisb....

I tried the "allow popup" trick...no luck.....I called tech support.....and they are aware of this; it's an Android issue the way some of these public networks have you VPN into their system. It should be fixed with the next update (no estimate given on timeline for that....).

Old 04-30-2010, 07:23 PM   #5
onyxraven
Edge User

I'm also having the same issue at panera! ! I would love to know the answer on this one.

Advert