Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
soulartist
Enthusiast
soulartist began at the beginning.

Device: none
0.3.2 Opening Error

MacOS 10.6.5

When I right click on on an ePub file and choose open with Sigil, I get this message:

Application can't be opened (-35).

I can, however, launch Sigil by double clicking on the app.

Thanks.
soulartist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #2
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulartist View Post
MacOS 10.6.5

When I right click on on an ePub file and choose open with Sigil, I get this message:

Thanks.
AFAIK, sigil does not have a StdIn.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #3
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
MacOS 10.6.5

Thanks.
The tracker is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
AFAIK, sigil does not have a StdIn.
AFAIK it does, and my AFAIK beats your AFAIK.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
soulartist
Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses, but I still don't have an answer that I understand.

What is the tracker supposed to tell me?
Old 11-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #5
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
What is the tracker supposed to tell me?
My standard response to issue reports in the forum is to link to the ReportingIssues wiki page which documents the correct procedure. For reasons unknown to me, I mistook you for a forum regular who already knows the place issues should be reported. My apologies.

Anyway, report the problem on the tracker in the manner described in the linked wiki page.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #6
soulartist
Enthusiast

I'll post my issue via wiki.

I'm new to your app.

There is another issue; I'm not sure this a bug.

The undo feature doesn't seem to work in my tests.

In this example, as a test, once I've applied a header 3 to this text, I can't undo it—that is bring it back the way it was.

<p class="heada" xml:lang="en-us" xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace">FOR THE BIRDS</p>

This is what I end up with; the text has lost its formatting and son on.

<p>FOR THE BIRDS</p>
Old 11-30-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
I'll post my issue via wiki.

I'm new to your app.

There is another issue; I'm not sure this a bug.

The undo feature doesn't seem to work in my tests.

In this example, as a test, once I've applied a header 3 to this text, I can't undo it—that is bring it back the way it was.

<p class="heada" xml:lang="en-us" xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace">FOR THE BIRDS</p>

This is what I end up with; the text has lost its formatting and son on.

<p>FOR THE BIRDS</p>
The "header" tool is a little weird to use (Bookview)
Single click on the line (includes any wrapped text)The tool should say the current formatting.
Just set it to "Normal". Same thing applies when setting a heading. Single click, do NOT select all the text.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
soulartist
Enthusiast

Header/ Original Post

I'll try your suggestion. Thanks.

Also, regarding my original post: I tried right clicking another test ePub file, which then did open Sigil. Could be the other ePub had been corrupted.

Eden
Old 11-30-2010, 09:48 PM   #9
soulartist
Enthusiast

Setting the text back to normal doesn't work properly; it does remove the heading number but the formatting is no longer the same as the original text.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
The tracker is here.

AFAIK it does, and my AFAIK beats your AFAIK.
I must remember the Golden Rule.

"He who has the gold makes the rules"

crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote