Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
is the Pocketbook official site:

http://www.pocketbookreader.com/ ?

It's the first hit I get off Google. But the site functionality is a little off. A Russian FAQ, doesn't let you choose some options, etc.

And I made the mistake of registering last night thinking maybe that would allow me to choose options and check shipping costs.

This morning I have several Spam emails, which I almost never get at that address, and strangely they are in German.

If this is the legit site, giving away my info does not make me want to give you my business.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
speedtouch
eBook Newbie
speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.speedtouch once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I don't think so. I believe this is the Global/HQ site: http://pocketbook-global.com/
speedtouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:13 PM   #3
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
http://pocketbook-int.com/
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
e=mc^3
e=mc^3 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I can't believe this. http://www.pocketbookreader.com/ is the only one I get from google that has PB 902 in USA. If as you said that it is not the official site, then which one should I order one in USA? I can see there are so many different address for pocketbook, which confusing me as I have never got one before. Now I am considering one.

So which one again?
e=mc^3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #5
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by e=mc^3 View Post
I can't believe this. http://www.pocketbookreader.com/ is the only one I get from google that has PB 902 in USA. If as you said that it is not the official site, then which one should I order one in USA? I can see there are so many different address for pocketbook, which confusing me as I have never got one before. Now I am considering one.

So which one again?

You can pre-order Pocketbook IQ, 902, 602 at Dulin's books site (www.dulinsbooks.com) in the USA. I pre-ordered Pocketbook IQ there.
Don't miss that it has a special $10 dilivery fee discount for mobileread members.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 03:42 AM   #6
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
www.pocketbook-usa.com is the official PocketBook USA website.

www.pocketbookreader.com, www.dulinsbooks.com, pocketbook.reader-ebook.org and www.ereaders-plus.com are official PocketBook distributors. You can safely order from any of those sites.

PocketBook USA hasn't started pre-order of new models yet since there is no exact date when the devices arrive to the USA, but some of the dealers already opened pre-order.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 04:03 AM   #7
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
www.pocketbook-usa.com is the official PocketBook USA website.

www.pocketbookreader.com, www.dulinsbooks.com, pocketbook.reader-ebook.org and www.ereaders-plus.com are official PocketBook distributors. You can safely order from any of those sites.

PocketBook USA hasn't started pre-order of new models yet since there is no exact date when the devices arrive to the USA, but some of the dealers already opened pre-order.
rightly
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #8
lamaer
lamaer began at the beginning.

Device: none
Just curious - if Pocketbook is a Taiwanese joint venture, why doesn't it have a sales office in Taiwan for the Far East? Are the devices being marketed under another name?

PS - The link to Taiwan on http://pocketbook-int.com doesn't work.
lamaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:57 AM   #9
garthoid
Enthusiast
garthoid is on a distinguished road

Device: axim, bebook, BPDN
I have been looking at this with shipping to Canada - I cannot find a Canadian based distributor (correct me if I am wrong here).

The http://www.pocketbookreader.com/ site claims that the IQ has 256 MB of RAM. Yet the http://www.dulinsbooks.com/android-d...pocketbook-iq/ site claims it has 2GB of internal memory.

Is this an error? They are both sold for a similar price (within $10).
garthoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:03 AM   #10
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
I'm pretty sure that it is 256 MB RAM and 2 GB flash memory.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #11
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I'm pretty sure that it is 256 MB RAM and 2 GB flash memory.
Absolutely correct: 256 MB operative memory and 2 GB flash memory.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #12
garthoid
Enthusiast

Any comments or experiences on purchasing the pocketbookreader.com or dulinsbooks.com sites? I am thinking of purchasing an IQ but I have no idea if these are reputable dealers.

Thanks in advance,
Old 11-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #13
garthoid
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by garthoid View Post
Any comments or experiences on purchasing the pocketbookreader.com or dulinsbooks.com sites? I am thinking of purchasing an IQ but I have no idea if these are reputable dealers.

Thanks in advance,
Well now, after posting this question, I notice the Dulins interaction on this site.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:37 PM   #14
jmartcougar
jmartcougar began at the beginning.

Device: nook
is there any special coupons someone mentioned a 10 dollar discount?
jmartcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:48 AM   #15
sunwestdog
Enthusiast
sunwestdog began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 701 IQ, pocketbook 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by e=mc^3 View Post

So which one again?
pocketbook-usa.com needs to add meta tags to it's html. That's why it's difficult to find on google search. Pocketbookreader.com has them, which is why they show up in your search. I hope the pocketbook web team is seeing this.
sunwestdog is offline   Reply With Quote