Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
dipolo
Aficcionado
dipolo began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Orizon
Question Take notes with the new firmware 3.1

With the release of the firmware upgrade (3.1 build 1398), have added some new features including the ability to take notes and highlight text. I tried to insert a note by highlighting some text and I have a picture on the right edge of the display. Have not yet figured out how to retrieve the note. The only known way to display the menu has been going on "Notes" and then "Edit note". Probably there is a better way to read a note.

If I press on the image that appears on the edge (like a rectangle with lower left corner bent) a menu appears with which I can "edit note", "remove the note" or "remove all the notes", but not display text that I entered, and even worse if I put a text longer than the width of the screen .. in this case if I press "edit note" I STARTED followed by the dots and then the end of the note that I have provided.

I honestly can not understand what it's able to write notes on the text (and I think something really useful), then if you can not view.
dipolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:57 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
The only way I know is editing the note, or opening the annotations file with a text editor.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
dipolo
Aficcionado
dipolo began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Orizon
Could you tell me how to open the annotations with a text editor? where is this file. "txt"?
dipolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
They are inside a folder called "Annotations", in the main memory or in the card, depending on where you have your books stored. The files are called whatever.annot, and you can open them with the notepad. They won't be much useful regarding the location of the notes, but at least the text should be there.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote