Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #1
Traveller848
Traveller848 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Kobo reader and Mobipocket Files

I am considering buying a Kobo Reader and would like to know if Mobipocket files can be sucessfully displayed on it. I currently have a Kindle2 and have experienced the frustration of the DRM and PID missmatch between K2 and Mobibooks.
So that brings me back to where I started, can I load mobipocket books, I am the origional purchaser of these and have any relevant passwords etc, onto a Kobo sucessfully without similar hassles?

Thanks
Traveller848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:01 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The Kobo can NOT read Mobipocket files; your only option would be to use one of the tools that removes DRM, and to then use Calibre to convert to ePub format.

I'm not sure you will find an eBook reader that can read both Mobipocket and ePub format books due to licensing arangements.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #3
Traveller848
Traveller848 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Thanks for the reply, that was my feeling but I was after conformation. I would really only be going down a path that I already have been on with the Kindle again.
Traveller848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Mobipocket DRM is very easy to remove.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
kiddish1234
kiddish1234 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch ZOOM is still limited, even on the latest firmware 1.9.10

Hey everyone, I just wanted to find out if there will be a FIX for PDF documents with ZOOM size that exceeds what is limited to this ereader. I have a Paris Map that, when zoomed to see the streets, it does not go further. However, it does very well on my PC. Will there be any fix on that ? Check my attchment for test , thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PAris complete map.pdf (1.71 MB, 351 views)
kiddish1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 03:53 PM   #6
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
That would be nice but don't see it happening on KT . Android tablet would work. Take a picture or 4 of map and zoom in. Viewsonic G Tab I have seen for $249 or rooted Nook Color refurbished is cheaper and should work. My digital camera picture view or smart phone can magnify picture of map enough to see details of your map.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Mobi does not work on the Kobo Touch. Even thought it says it does, Half the words will be malformed and weird.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:54 PM   #8
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
But conversion between Mobi and Epub seems to go smoothly.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote