Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #36901
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
I just made these chocolate-covered marshmallow pops.
I'm rather pleased with myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	552.5 KB
ID:	117136  
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #36902
irish66
irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.irish66 knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch
wrapping pheasants as presents for peasants.

Last edited by irish66; 12-23-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: it makes me all excited
irish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #36903
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Finally got home from work.

Thank you Obamacare for changing the format of W-2's again ... so that end of year software updates must be loaded.

Thank you software company for waiting until the last minute to release mandatory updates.

I'm too tired to share any more of my 'fun' day -

so I'll focus on forgetting all of this and repairing the wrapped presents that certain felonious felines seem to have peeked into whilst I was away ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #36904
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Watching the film Notting Hill.

It's a film my wife and I watch every Christmas and I still enjoy it every time.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #36905
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Watching a more energetic Little Man
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #36906
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Trying to wrap a Christmas present for a Buddhist/Atheist who wants for nothing so I'm wrapping a little something. Somehow, it makes sense to me. Christmas comes early here... In just a few hours it will be Erev Christmas.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #36907
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Trying to wrap a Christmas present for a Buddhist/Atheist who wants for nothing so I'm wrapping a little something. Somehow, it makes sense to me. Christmas comes early here... In just a few hours it will be Erev Christmas.

Stitchawl
I had to look that up.

Quote:
Erev Christmas
December 24th, 2008

As is tradition for the Jewish people, after sundown tonight Jews will gather and eat treif in Chinese restaurants nationwide.

Then, as is commanded, we will go to the movies.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:09 AM   #36908
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Trying to wake up after a night of not really sleeping. It was stormy during the night and I just couldn't get to sleep, I feel like I mostly dozed and tossed and turned.

I'm now preparing to work the last day before Christmas. Usually it's busy-ish in the morning with people running their last errands and in the afternoon it'll be quiet. Most sold items today will be lamps for in the oven, fridge and extractor hood. Also decorative lamps will fly off the shelves, people will also be in need of extension cords for the Christmas tree lights and batteries for the toys (today normal batteries and after Christmas rechargeable ones).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #36909
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well ... I just returned from a suicide mission ....

1. Last night I discovered to my horror we had forgotten to purchase Pillsbury Grands for Xmas dinner
2. I set out to drive to the nearest grocery store [it's Xmas Eve day]
3. I avoid rear-ending a UPS truck that slams on its brakes in front of me, stops in the street, then backs up to turn right into the driveway it just passed ... all without putting on any turn signals or blinkers
4. I continue ... to a full parking lot ... circle around and park finally next to the milk supply truck parked on the periphery.
5. Inside is packed - everyone talking at the tops of their voices on cell phones as they stand still in the aisles.
6. I locate the Grands and race to the "Self Check Out" station ... where a nice lady is just finishing her purchase. [All the check out lines are miles long.]
7. I scan the tube and attempt to pay ... whereupon the machine freezes and blinks "Call Manager" at me.
8. Bravely I hit the "Cancel Transaction" button and try again ... and again ... and again...
9. Recognizing that the station's computer is in a loop, I get in line at the regular check out.
10. When it's my turn to check out, I foolishly mention to the lady that their Self-Pay station is frozen ....
11. Whereupon she leaves her register, runs over to the frozen station and begins punching in codes ... to no avail ... and then insists that I return and check out my Grands ... which of course doesn't work b/c the computer is in a loop.
12. She calls the manager, who pulls up screen after screen of Executive Command interfaces .... all the time ignoring my comments - I identified myself as an IT person and described the loop situation to her -- and told her that the only solution was to power cycle the unit.
13. Meanwhile, the check out lady FINALLY allows me to check out my one tube of Grands.
14. As I exit the store, I see the manager still punching in codes that aren't working .... I'll bet that if I returned now she would still be there arguing with the interface.

15. So, I hike back to my car and start to exit the parking lot ... whereupon a Ford Taurus suddenly backs out of a parking space without looking and nearly T-bones me ... we exchange seasonal gestures and I continue on my quest to arrive home in one piece with the blasted biscuits.
16. I get in line to exit the shopping center - there's a divided exit lane for L/R turns. The front car plants itself firmly in the middle, blocking both lanes, without any turn signal giving the rest of us a clue as to their intention ...
17. After presumably finishing their important phone call, the car finally turns right ... allowing the rest of us to exit the shopping center.
18. I arrive in my driveway, caress the Grands and whisper: "I've never had such an adventure for $1.92 in my life!"

So ... think I should venture out again to pick up a prescription this afternoon?
Old 12-24-2013, 01:17 PM   #36910
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Thank god I can walk to the grocery store.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #36911
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
So ... think I should venture out again to pick up a prescription this afternoon?
Only if it's medicinal Talisker...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #36912
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Only if it's medicinal Talisker...
Don't get me started about the parking lot at the liquor store! ....

BTW - I did go back for my prescription ... the drug store had emptied out somewhat ...
Old 12-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #36913
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
...When it's my turn to check out, I foolishly mention to the lady that their Self-Pay station is frozen ....
11. Whereupon she leaves her register, runs over to the frozen station and begins punching in codes ... to no avail ... and then insists that I return and check out my Grands ... which of course doesn't work b/c the computer is in a loop.
12. She calls the manager, who pulls up screen after screen of Executive Command interfaces .... all the time ignoring my comments - I identified myself as an IT person and described the loop situation to her -- and told her that the only solution was to power cycle the unit.
13. Meanwhile, the check out lady FINALLY allows me to check out my one tube of Grands....
Note to self: Before being helpful, always assess the possible costs to self first.

Next time (if you pressed for time), when she finally decides to return to her register and decides to check you out, tell her you believe the item you're buying was for sale in the paper and ask her to procure a copy and check. Two can play at that game.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #36914
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Arguing with Verizon yet again. Thirty five minutes and counting

Eta 58 minutes

64.46 and done and madder n'hell

Last edited by kindlekitten; 12-24-2013 at 06:20 PM.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #36915
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Arguing with Verizon yet again. Thirty five minutes and counting

Eta 58 minutes

64.46 and done and madder n'hell
Arguing with Verizon customer service/service techs is the reason we have Time Warner cable for TV & Internet service .... we did have Verizon DSL .... until I spent over an hour on the phone explaining why I couldn't report my loss of internet connection to their service desk online .....

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?