Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Amazon Customer Service RE: Formatting problems

My email to CS this morning:

Quote:
I purchased iPod & iTunes for Dummies.
http://www.amazon.com/iPod-sup-iTune...3460387&sr=1-1

The title shows up on my Kindle as "iPod<sup></sup> & iTunes<sup></sup>...". The title at the top of each page reads the same way. I've tired to change it via my computer with no luck yet.
Their reply:

Quote:
Hello from Amazon.com.

Thank you for writing to us about the difficulty you had recently reading "iPod & iTunes For Dummies" on your Kindle. I've looked at the item myself, and it appears that there is a problem with that file. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Since there is a problem with this title, I've requested that it be corrected as soon as possible. If you are still interested in a corrected copy of this title, you may wish to visit the Kindle store again at a later time and see if a corrected version is available.

If you are not interested in keeping the book in its current condition, you can return any item purchased from the Kindle Store within seven days of purchase.

Again, I apologize for the trouble you had with this item. Our goal is to help you get the most out of your Kindle experience. If you need further assistance, please contact customer support at 1-866-321-8851.

Thank you for choosing Kindle.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=wgudrxud3333429465
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=wgudrxud3333429465

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Sean C.
Amazon.com Customer Service
I'm unsure if this means I get a free copy of the corrected version or have to delete what I have and re-buy at a later time. I'm going to send a follow-up reply.

It's nice that they contacted me within 4 hours of my report on a Saturday.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Sounds to me like you get a free updated version when it's available.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2008, 09:10 PM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Sounds to me like you get a free updated version when it's available.
Unless you opt for the refund.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
To me it sounds like you get your money back and can at some time in the future hopefully they will have an updated edition you can purchase.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Thanks for reminding me to update. I kept the book, waited a few days for the corrections to be made (could have been sooner but I didn't know). I then deleted the book from my Kindle and then went to my Media Library and re-sent it to the Kindle via whispernet (or download). The corrected version is now on my Kindle and the coolest part is that my bookmarks are still intact.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
That is cool. It's nice to know they actually listen when you report a problem.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote