Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #76
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
The Arc's FAQ says they're going to continue to support the Vox.
Sure, it's expected that they'll SAY it will be supported, but honestly, anyone that bought an Original Kobo can attest to the validity of that proclamation. It will drop off and the customer service staff won't have a clue how to help anyone, because they won't be trained to do so. There will likely be less frequent updates (or none at all), since all their concentration will be on the Arc.

I am not too concerned, either way. I came to the realization a long time ago that my Vox would be a stepping stone to a better tablet. I'll likely give it to one of my kids to read their e-books or to watch movies until it's bricked.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 11:09 AM   #77
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by _SAXON_ View Post
The Google Play app is NOT available for the Kobo Vox. It is all a lie. I have contacted Kobo about this. I suggested to them I would be in contact with Consumer Affairs Canada for false advertising. Android apps CANNOT be downloaded even from the Google Play app site. Canadians have been blinkered by Kobo. I will be suggesting to others not to purchase any Kobo devices in future. I would like to add I have a specific type of access to the retail market, and as such, I can affect their sales.
Really? I have the Google Play app on my Vox and have no problem downloading apps onto it. And yes, I'm Canadian, too. Consumer Affairs Canada would only be interested in your complaint if it were valid, which it isn't.

(As an aside, posting all in color is annoying.)
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #78
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're giving yourself too much credit. Others like myself have been happily using the Google Play app for some time.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #79
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanna View Post
Really? I have the Google Play app on my Vox and have no problem downloading apps onto it. And yes, I'm Canadian, too. Consumer Affairs Canada would only be interested in your complaint if it were valid, which it isn't.

(As an aside, posting all in color is annoying.)
did the person you were quoting delete their post since I can't find it
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #80
Suzanna
Living in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhondak View Post
did the person you were quoting delete their post since I can't find it
I assume so. It looks like I'm having a conversation with myself.
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #81
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
All the posts by the person were removed...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #82
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Why was that?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #83
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
Quote:
I assume so. It looks like I'm having a conversation with myself.
I'm wondering if it got deleted by someone in charge as I don't think you can totally erase that you posted something, just the contents. (I didn't think you were "hearing voices")
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #84
Suzanna
Living in the past

I'm sure the moderators have their reasons. I can guess as to what those might be, but they'd probably rather not have us derailing the thread with gossip. (I used to moderate elsewhere and we usually handled such things discreetly, off forum.)
Old 10-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #85
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
I'm sure the moderators have their reasons. I can guess as to what those might be, but they'd probably rather not have us derailing the thread with gossip. (I used to moderate elsewhere and we usually handled such things discreetly, off forum.)
You're right, I'm sure.

For what it's worth, I saw some of the guy's posts and he wasn't the most polite person I've seen here. It's still pretty unusual to see somebody's posts just deleted though.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #86
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, my posts got deleted too because he didn't like what I answered him when some off color remarks were made. There was a little back and forth although "I" kept it civil... As in no swearing, no sexist remarks and no posting with red text. I have to admit it was hard though. :-\

Last edited by Cdesja5; 10-17-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #87
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think the moderators took care of a deletion and a ban on the account.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #88
Suzanna
Living in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
Well, my posts got deleted too because he didn't like what I answered him when some off color remarks were made. There was a little back and forth although "I" kept it civil... As in no swearing, no sexist remarks and no posting with red text. I have to admit it was hard though. :-\
I disappeared after his last comment to me because I was very close to saying something rude and wanted to give myself some time away from the computer to cool down. I didn't see your exchange, but I'm sorry you were swept into it.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:50 PM   #89
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
I disappeared after his last comment to me because I was very close to saying something rude and wanted to give myself some time away from the computer to cool down. I didn't see your exchange, but I'm sorry you were swept into it.
Turned out OK in the end. Until he opens another account....