Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Won't turn on

I tried to turn on my Vox this morning and it didn't work. I plugged it in (got the orange light) and tried turning it on, nothing happened. Let it charge for 4 hours (had the green light) tried turning it on (still plugged in) nothing happened. Unplugged it, tried turning it on, nothing happened.

Any suggestions?

S
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wow, now it works!! Don't ask me what I did differently, but it is turning on now!!! weird.
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Try holding down the power button for about 15 seconds. Release it and then tap it in the usual way. It will take longer than usual to actually turn on and get you to your start screen, but this worked for me.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
Mostly Math
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Try holding down the power button for about 15 seconds. Release it and then tap it in the usual way. It will take longer than usual to actually turn on and get you to your start screen, but this worked for me.
Thanks, maybe that is what I did https://www2.mobileread.com/i/smiliesadd1/y_rofl.gif and that is why its working.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
Evalina
Evalina began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Vox eReader
I have tried holding the on button for fifteen seconds and then just a gentle tap and it won't turn on. I have a kobo Vox eReader that I just bought today. I had been using it to update my setting and now I can't get it to turn on. There is a red light on the top but can't see the charging light
Evalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert