Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-27-2016, 09:49 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Calibre-server book format order

Is there a tweak or setting to select which book format format is assigned to the [Get] if a title has more than one format?

I have AZW3 books, EPUB books, and some books with both formats

For multi-format book titles, I'd prefer EPUB format for the primary choice for [Get]. It seems like AZW3 are the [Get] choice and EPUB is under Other Formats, but I couldn't find a setting

Sort of related question: what is the Books sort (seems the same as Title) and what is the Cover sort?
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
Is there a tweak or setting to select which book format format is assigned to the [Get] if a title has more than one format?

I have AZW3 books, EPUB books, and some books with both formats

For multi-format book titles, I'd prefer EPUB format for the primary choice for [Get]. It seems like AZW3 are the [Get] choice and EPUB is under Other Formats, but I couldn't find a setting

Sort of related question: what is the Books sort (seems the same as Title) and what is the Cover sort?
I believe the content server use the same rules as the GUI

Preferences: Behavior: Preferred Output Format: <EPUB>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 10:46 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm hoping the new server will have a View->Choose Format equivalent - hint, hint

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 11:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I'm hoping the new server will have a View->Choose Format equivalent - hint, hint

BR
It does.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:34 AM   #5
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@all - thanks

I should not have buried another question in the same post, but there are two sort orders that are not intuitively obvious

"Sort of related question: what is the Books sort (seems the same as Title) and what is the Cover sort? "
Old 09-28-2016, 09:17 AM   #6
phossler
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I believe the content server use the same rules as the GUI

Preferences: Behavior: Preferred Output Format: <EPUB>
Thanks - it does, except that the field is also used for conversions, so I just know I'll be converting epubs to epubs instead of to AZW3s because I forget

Until there's two single purpose fields, I think I'm safer leaving the Preferred Output Format = AZW3
Old 09-28-2016, 10:25 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
cover sort is sort by whether books have a cover or not. I dont recall what books sort is.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 10:46 AM   #8
phossler
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
cover sort is sort by whether books have a cover or not. I dont recall what books sort is.
FWIW, Books sort 'seems' to be the same a Title sort.

I was just curious

Thanks