Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo X61, Samsung Galaxy Note with Aldiko reader app
Quote:
Originally Posted by syber View Post
In my despair I was clutching at straws to try and make sense as to why It wasn't initially "touchable"
I know that feeling ... oh, do I know it!! On one of the other threads I maintained that pressing harder on the screen seemed to work, despite also knowing it was IR from my pre-purchase research! In a sense, I suppose I was right - it did work pressing harder, because my finger-end squished out until it hit the sensitive zone just off centre
Peakcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #17
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
ok software version 2.1.1
Quote:
no, In Canada bought at Canadian retailer
Wait, what? You mean 2.1.1 is officially released now? Without MDK making a thread for it? What's going on?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:48 PM   #18
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
I find I have to have a few jabs at the Settings icon to get it to work. All the others are fine. (Sorry, not really adding to this conversation, just felt I had to say that. )
Hmm that's strange. I've never had any miss-taps for the settings icon... But then, I have tiny fingers.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #19
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi
Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Peakcrew can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Wait, what? You mean 2.1.1 is officially released now? Without MDK making a thread for it? What's going on?
I didn't get the significance when I read syber's post yesterday ... very slow. Siber, could you confirm whether your Touch came with version 2.1.1 already installed, or after a standard update (via wifi or Kobo Desktop) please?

Last edited by Peakcrew; 09-11-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #20
syber
syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
I maintained that pressing harder on the screen seemed to work
HA! I don't even have to tell you I did the same thing..lol

Quote:
Siber, could you confirm whether your Touch came with version 2.1.1 already installed, or after a standard update (via wifi or Kobo Desktop) please?
No I am sorry I can't. I was prompted to connect to my pc before I could do anything..it did run an update of sorts through Kobo Desktop.
I can however confirm the Software Details says -> 2.1.1
The box it came is does say 2012 if thats any help.
syber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #21
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
No I am sorry I can't. I was prompted to connect to my pc before I could do anything..it did run an update of sorts through Kobo Desktop.
I can however confirm the Software Details says -> 2.1.1
The box it came is does say 2012 if thats any help.
Thanks syber - that's interesting. In Canada and getting the 2.1.1 firmware pushed to your machine through the official channel - as far as we were aware that release was still for Japan only. I'll need to run off to a couple of other threads later and see what happens with other people's Touches (unless Mrs_Often beats me to it! )

Thanks again.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:08 AM   #22
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Strange!

I just try to do an update and I'm still using version 2.0.0 (r41166 07/12/12). No update for me to 2.1.1.

As my wi-fi connection does not work, I used Kobo Desktop.

So if the firmware for the KT is updated in Canada, it is not everywhere.
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:05 AM   #23
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
Strange!

I just try to do an update and I'm still using version 2.0.0 (r41166 07/12/12). No update for me to 2.1.1.

"Strange" is correct! What is going on??
Old 09-12-2012, 05:07 AM   #24
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
I find I have to have a few jabs at the Settings icon to get it to work. All the others are fine. (Sorry, not really adding to this conversation, just felt I had to say that. )
Oh! Use this as a returning excuse!

(Re: our other conversation here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hp?t=190117#14)
Old 09-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #25
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
(unless Mrs_Often beats me to it! )
Oh I'm so fast

...except for today, apparently
Old 09-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #26
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Oh I'm so fast

...except for today, apparently
Fast ... Often - soooo difficult to resist bad jokes
Old 09-12-2012, 05:51 AM   #27
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakcrew View Post
Fast ... Often - soooo difficult to resist bad jokes
Lol... don't forget the Mrs though
Old 09-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #28
syber
syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.syber is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arios View Post
Strange!

I guess I should have posted the rest of it

2.1.1 (r42411 08/24/12)

I bought it at Futureshop as it was on sale and I have gift cards
They usually bring in product for the sale..so its possible its pre-installed

Last edited by syber; 09-12-2012 at 06:05 AM.
syber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #29
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
I guess I should have posted the rest of it

2.1.1 (r42411 08/24/12)

I bought it at Futureshop as it was on sale and I have gift cards
They usually bring in product for the sale..so its possible its pre-installed
That all fits - the release date is good for 2.1.1. I'm just really baffled what is happening, since it is not yet an official release, and Arios, also in Canada, got something different on update. For your KT to have 2.1.1 preloaded means it would have to have been manufactured on or after 24th August - pretty quick push out of the factory!

I'm stumped - just have to wait and see what further information comes up.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:18 AM   #30
Peakcrew
Avid reader of sci-fi

Quote:
Lol... don't forget the Mrs though
I never forget the Mrs - she won't let me